GDT: [WJC] Czechia vs Slovakia, 2pm EST, 9/8/22

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
Would have generated far more revenue having this in an area that doesn't have an NHL team imo.
according to our TV empty audience is caused by combination of nice weather and tickets sold in day packets. later evening plays Canada so home fans have tickets but prefer sun to cze/svk game

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Very weird atmosphere. Terrible period so far for the Czech goalie, but otherwise the team doesn't look bad.

Reactions: Chainshot

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
czech offence starting to look better now.. there defence and goalie may lose it for them though

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Damn, I haven't really been following the rosters, but after that draft of a century I was excited seeing Slovakia's team. But none of those guys are playing!

Assuming they are not injured, it's so stupid. NHL teams should cherish their prospects playing these tournaments.

Reactions: hockey20000

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
is there any team in this tournament who has most of its top players? i heard someone say finland the other day.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Damn, I haven't really been following the rosters, but after that draft of a century I was excited seeing Slovakia's team. But none of those guys are playing!

Assuming they are not injured, it's so stupid. NHL teams should cherish their prospects playing these tournaments.

If it wasn't in the middle of summer, I'm sure a bunch of teams would have had no issue with it. But this interrupts summer training and the potential for injury coming in relatively cold is a factor as well.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
is there any team in this tournament who has most of its top players? i heard someone say finland the other day.
Czechia has Kulich, Hamara, Jiricek and Mysak.
Finland isnt missing much, if any.
Sweden isnt missing much either off the top of my head.
Canada is missing a whole team but its always like that lol.

Its a strong tournament, its mostly just Slovakia. Lame as hell cause thats the best team they wouldve ever had.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Czechia has Kulich, Hamara, Jiricek and Mysak.
Finland isnt missing much, if any.
Sweden isnt missing much either off the top of my head.
Canada is missing a whole team but its always like that lol.

Its a strong tournament, its mostly just Slovakia. Lame as hell cause thats the best team they wouldve ever had.

Sweden missing Raymond, Holtz, Eklund and so on…

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
that was a fun first period tbh would be better if we had a crowd though. i hope they atleast show up for canada games

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Pretty hilarious period for the Czechs. Botched every open shot and the goalie let in anything that got close.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Why hasn't Latkoczy been drafted? Looking good today and remember him playing well in previous tournaments as well. Suprised noone took a flyer on him in the later rounds.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
damn i am surprised they got james and bob out for the tournament i figured they would have to go for someone else this time of year lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00