GDT: [WJC] Czechia vs Slovakia, 2pm EST, 9/8/22

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Actually 9 players if I count right. We’d be almost certainly be playing a game on the last day. Anyway, it is what it is, let’s enjoy the hockey nonetheless
Ciernik, Chromiak, Knazko, Stacha, Zlnka, Krajc, Lasak, Elias, Kolenic, Slafkovsky, Mesar, Nemec. I’d also add in Becar who was dealing with an injury too. So really 13.

But can’t complain overall. A win would’ve been nice but again really bad defense cost us.

Last edited:

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Ciernik, Chromiak, Knazko, Stacha, Zlnka, Krajc, Lasak, Elias, Kolenic, Slafkovsky, Mesar, Nemec. I’d also add in Becar who was dealing with an injury too. So really 13.

But can’t complain overall. A win would’ve been nice but again really bad defense cost us.
That's almost an entire team.

One thing is certain about this summer tournament - it won't be indicative of what we're likely to see in 2023.

Reactions: Egresch

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
In fairness, almost every team is missing key players for this summer anomaly tournament. Especially hit hard is Russia - zero chance to medal.
That’s fine, just saying we’re missing the most after Russia, 13 corrected by fellow board member, incl 1st and 2nd draft picks, so high impact players, and I dare to say we’d be a medal contender, which is rare for Slovakia. Nonetheless, let’s enjoy the hocke.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Eight players for Czechs tho.
A lot of them drafted..

Krutil, Malek, malik, Brabenec, Novak.

Lost Moravec as well...

I'm not complaining as this is the norm but missing at least 5 drafted players (I think it is more) then we may actually have more drafted players not playing then playing lol

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
When Kaslik scored that game tying goal, I said to myself that we didn't deserve that because Czech team was simply better. But still that 5th goal was really "dumb" and completely avoidable. Bakala was terrible on that play. Offense looks OK, PP too but our defense is the reason why quarterfinals (hopefully) will be our end.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
For the ones who could watch, how did Jiricek and Dvorsky look?

Jiricek was very good. He had 2 great scoring opportunities, missed, but overall when he was on the ice, there was permanent danger for Slovak goalie.

Dvorsky? You know, Czechs were a lot better overall (47 SOG vs 20), that means you saw mostly Czech player in dangerous situations. Dvorsky had 1 assist if im correct, but there weren't moments, you could say WOW...

Reactions: Goldenhands

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
You gotta czechia yourself before you wreckia yourself.lol.

Awful name and decision... I hate it!
Don't tell me people are going to start expecting English speaking people to use the proper names for all countries...Germany, Japan...Hungary? I call BS.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Jiricek was very good. He had 2 great scoring opportunities, missed, but overall when he was on the ice, there was permanent danger for Slovak goalie.

Dvorsky? You know, Czechs were a lot better overall (47 SOG vs 20), that means you saw mostly Czech player in dangerous situations. Dvorsky had 1 assist if im correct, but there weren't moments, you could say WOW...
I thought Dvorsky had several nice plays where he was able to spin off pressure and create space along the half wall. He's a double under ager playing on an underdog team, so I wouldn't expect him to be taking over games just yet.

Reactions: Takurcitee

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I thought Dvorsky had several nice plays where he was able to spin off pressure and create space along the half wall. He's a double under ager playing on an underdog team, so I wouldn't expect him to be taking over games just yet.
Also he played in 3rd line. His IT in december (hopefully this tournament too) should be much higher.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Also he played in 3rd line. His IT in december (hopefully this tournament too) should be much higher.
Playing in line with Honzek (another 2023 draft prospect) you could clearly see that Dvorsky is on a different level. His moves, positioning, stickhandling. I guess December tournament (83 class and younger) might be much more interesting for Slovak team.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I guess December tournament (83 class and younger) might be much more interesting for Slovak team.

You mean 2003, right. Ok, agree, Dvorsky had some good moves. But hey, he is pushed as the top 5 guy for the next draft. I hope, it will be better.

Btw. can you imagine Slovak junior team in 2023/2024 with all top dogs on the roster?

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
You mean 2003, right. Ok, agree, Dvorsky had some good moves. But hey, he is pushed as the top 5 guy for the next draft. I hope, it will be better.

Btw. can you imagine Slovak junior team in 2023/2024 with all top dogs on the roster?
Yes, sure 2003.
I just do not have any expectation from this tournament. Timing is just terrible, his season in Sweden and regular WJC will be much more important.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Playing in line with Honzek (another 2023 draft prospect) you could clearly see that Dvorsky is on a different level. His moves, positioning, stickhandling. I guess December tournament (83 class and younger) might be much more interesting for Slovak team.
I agree, I thought he was actually one of the better Slovak forwards along with entire second line. He just didn’t play much and was given Faith (zero iq and skating) and Honzek (totally inexperienced) for linemates. I would move him up and Demek down, and give Dvorsky better linemates (Sykora).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad