Prospect Info: With the 9th Overall Pick the New York Rangers Select Vitali Kravtsov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
1. Because he’s American. Toffness.

2. Because he scored gazillion points.

3. Because of YouTube video when he was 9.

It's remarkable how so many people on social media form an opinion about a player based on Youtube videos and Larry Brooks mentioning him once or twice in articles pre-draft haha.

I can't wait to see who we pick next year and who will be picked right after to have another comparison for a decade

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kreider Zibanejad Buchnevich
Panarin Chytil Kravtsov
Vesey Andersson Fast
Fontaine Howden Meskanen

Would be a fun 2019-2020 season

Needs another forward from the 2019 draft. No way I'd play Vesey and Fast on the 3rd line, while playing Howden on the fourth. If Fontaine's in the lineup, its probably to be the fourth line center. Switch Vesey and Howden.

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Needs another forward from the 2019 draft. No way I'd play Vesey and Fast on the 3rd line, while playing Howden on the fourth. If Fontaine's in the lineup, its probably to be the fourth line center. Switch Vesey and Howden.

I’d be willing to come out of rebuild with this forward group (and an elite 1RD somehow).

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
1. Because he’s American. Toffness.

2. Because he scored gazillion points.

3. Because of YouTube video when he was 9.

In fairness, none of those were anywhere remotely close to reasons why Wahlstrom was the preference of some.

After watching a year's worth of people trying to emulate memes on the Andersson pick, I really hope we can avoid that with the inevitable Wahlstrom/Kravtsov debate that this board seems hell bent on creating.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
In fairness, none of those were anywhere remotely close to reasons why Wahlstrom was the preference of some.

After watching a year's worth of people trying to emulate memes on the Andersson pick, I really hope we can avoid that with the inevitable Wahlstrom/Kravtsov debate that this board seems hell bent on creating.

C’mon @Edge, I had actually asked @Amazing Kreiderman to hold off of “reach” comments in Andersson’s discussions.

However knowing mine and @Amazing Kreiderman posting history should allow us a little fun. These posts were clearly of that kind. Cheers!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I"m just glad that even though they passed on Wahlstrom, they did so to take a guy with a high ceiling who could be a better player than Wahlstrom if he pans out.
4 of the last 5 first round selections came from pro leagues. IMHO there's a pattern.

Reactions: Galvatron

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

A little different (Zherdeb highlights), but he loved shooting 5-hole, and it's not about how fast or slow the shot come, it's the quick release after you freeze a goalie that makes it tough to predict where the shot is going. It doesn't matter if it's practice, shootout, or game situations, it works.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Really long interview here with Kravtsov on the KHL site.

V. Kravtsov: If Tolvanen says that he wants my award, I’ll give it to him

I haven't read it. It's really long.
Love this part. Seems like he has a great attitude.

- You were so eager to get back to ice that you managed to get back earlier and heal your wrist?
- I mostly need to thank our doctors and all the people that helped me to heal my wrist in only three weeks. Of course, the will to get back had a significant role. I attended the games, and I followed our younger players – Maxim Shipin, Marsel Sholokhov, Ivan Bezrukov – and I seen that some of them were already getting more ice time. Of course, I was sincerely happy for them and congratulated in the locker room, but at the same time I was thinking “I should be there instead of you.” I could not fall asleep because of that. I needed to get back as early as possible to show that I wasn’t losing myself. And also, that I wasn’t going to get eaten from inside the team.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I"m just glad that even though they passed on Wahlstrom, they did so to take a guy with a high ceiling who could be a better player than Wahlstrom if he pans out.

Agreed, well said. I won't lie I wanted OW but don't mind swinging at upside like this at all. Hard not to be excited about Kravtsov.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

I would modify this slightly and say "they did so to take a guy with a high ceiling that has a really good chance of becoming a better player than Wahlstrom when all is said and done".

McIrath may have had Weber upside, but his chances of attaining it were very, very remote. I'm much, much less worried about Kravtsov panning out.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Also from the article:

Yes, I can simply score on an empty net, but if I see that I can score a beautiful goal, I’ll do it. Hockey is also a show. There are many “meat and potatoes” players, not so many creative ones. Just think about Pavel Datsyuk. People love him because he is unique, football fans love Leo Messi because of his creativity, not because of the sheer number of goals scored. I adhere exactly to this style: combination hockey, with rushes, moves, dekes.

Jack Nicholson nodding.gif intensifies!

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad