Prospect Info: With the 9th Overall Pick the New York Rangers Select Vitali Kravtsov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
How reliable would a shot like that be against an NHL goalie? I know he's got super quick hands but you have to assume it won't be as effective against an NHL goalie, especially with how often he does it.

The thing with a quick release like this is that it's really difficult to anticipate when exactly he makes that move. He has the same patience as Zuccarello in the shootout, waiting for the goalie to make a move.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
How reliable would a shot like that be against an NHL goalie? I know he's got super quick hands but you have to assume it won't be as effective against an NHL goalie, especially with how often he does it.

If we're being honest then obviously these little preseason games have as much effort and enthusiasm in them as a regular scrimmage. But the move that he does there is always a good shot selection because it is tough to track and with the right velocity can find its way to the back of the net even if the goalie gets a piece of it. From an Xs and Os viewpoint it is a good play that you see good scorers do in the NHL.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He's so good at finding the five-hole in shootouts. If he has some complimentary move to go along with it (a'la Jussi Jokinen), he could be a hell of weapon when our games go the limit.

By now everyone should know it’s Kravtsov go to move but as @Amazing Kreiderman said it’s difficult to see and react to how it’s released. What do goalies suppose to do? Overplay 5-hole? Then they’d open up more options to shoot.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He really can skate. His style is different, than Kuznetsov's, but I think, he'll be as good skater, as his townsman.

A different style, but there are definitely similarities as well. This season will be fun to watch! I already have the 15th of January marked on my calendar!

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
By now everyone should know it’s Kravtsov go to move but as @Amazing Kreiderman said it’s difficult to see and react to how it’s released. What do goalies suppose to do? Overplay 5-hole? Then they’d open up more options to shoot.
How exactly does a goalie overplay a 5hole shot? Just drop down earlier? Isn’t that what kills goalies in shootouts

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
How exactly does a goalie overplay a 5hole shot? Just drop down earlier? Isn’t that what kills goalies in shootouts
Exactly the issue. If they can’t read the release (his release just looks like a little stickhandling move), they can’t drop. If they drop early, half the nets wide open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad