Prospect Info: With the 21st Overall Pick the Rangers Select Filip Chytil

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
the rangers board had both these guys rated pretty high.

looks like they had a formula.

strong centerman playing in pro leagues with skating, smarts, offensive upside, high motors and developed 2 way games.

both of these guys are the anti-stepan.

dont let andersson size fool you. he's just under 6 ft but he's 205 or near and rock solid.

chytil is 6'2 and has enormous legs. tree trunks.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
They made a mistake with the heights of Combine Group 1. Two inches wrong.

I edited... I dig this pick.
He's going to fill out even more over the next couple of years. Definitely couple of seasons away but could turn into a speedy, defensive and smart top 6C.
I don't get a lot of the folks jumping off the cliff with these 2 1st rounders. Its not as if the Rangers don't have any money to spend and can't make any other moves.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

strong centerman playing in pro leagues with skating, smarts, offensive upside, high motors and developed 2 way games.

dont let andersson size fool you. he's just under 6 ft but he's 205 or near and rock solid.

The size is one of a few reasons I do not see Fast. I dont know why Pierre said that. Anderson is around 40 pounds heavier than Fast was when he got here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I edited... I dig this pick.
He's going to fill out even more over the next couple of years. Definitely couple of seasons away but could turn into a speedy, defensive and smart top 6C.
I don't get a lot of the folks jumping off the cliff with these 2 1st rounders. Its not as if the Rangers don't have any money to spend and can't make any other moves.

I don't even get the defensive style people are claiming.

This guy is really skilled. Big, good skater, very nice skill.

Really good late riser.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this kid has euro gem written all over him.

late riser

growth spurt

high end skater

"Dark horse pick" type kid.

andersson and chytil ?? i think we did very well.

Reactions: Bozle

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
this kid has euro gem written all over him.

late riser

growth spurt

high end skater

"Dark horse pick" type kid.

andersson and chytil ?? i think we did very well.

Yup.

Very strong showings in international competitions too while being a few weeks short of being eligible for 2018.

I love this pick.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Man, ODC, I hope you're right.

I'm always nervous when my team picks guys much earlier than where they're ranked by every analyst...

Normally I agree. I prefer fallers. However, I think this draft seemed to be a little more homogeneous. Kinda reminds me of the league as a whole. In reading about these players tonight, I just don't see much difference between a lot of them in terms of their ceilings. In a situation like that, seeing some variance from the consensus is normal.

rangerlp

May 24, 2012
Saw some video on him...got some hot dog in him...great passer...I can see him fitting in here.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Man, ODC, I hope you're right.

I'm always nervous when my team picks guys much earlier than where they're ranked by every analyst...

I mean from what I recall the thing about this draft is outside of the top picks the talent was fairly even?

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Could've had Suzuki and Kostin. What a joke, lost all my faith in Gorton after this.

Reactions: Bozle

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Could've had Suzuki and Kostin. What a joke, lost all my faith in Gorton after this.

What have those two guys done in the NHL? You can certainly disagree with the picks that were made...but how can you know whether you are right the day of the draft?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Anti-Stepan? Stepan is a 1st line center in the NHL who plays PP, PK and tough matchups 5v5, has such good hockey IQ that he is an aweosme NHLer despite not being anything impresssive physically and still puts up 55 points a season

Saying someone is the anti Stepan as if Stepan is some horrible player is a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad