Prospect Info: With the 21st Overall Pick the Rangers Select Filip Chytil

Babula

May 31, 2012

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Borges has been saying it something like "Ke-til" or "Chi-til" in her interviews and videos.

I would think she would know.

Also, do we have video of draft night? I imagine when the pick was announced, it was a close pronunciation.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah, it's the Yiddish "h", throat-clearing sound. Hee-til is probably the easiest English translation with that Hee having the loogie-making sound. :laugh:

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
FWIW, my friends dad officiated the 4th scrimmage at the prospect camp, and said Chytil was handily the best player on the ice.

I know the term gets thrown around pretty regularly here, but if our 17 year old first round pick is skating circles around our other prospects, some of which are in their mid 20s, I find it difficult to call this guy "raw". Maybe he needs to fill out physically, but he's been playing against men and his skills are already quite refined. When I think of raw, I think of McIlrath at 18 - just a massive kid who had a limited understanding of his reach and skating ability.

Either way interesting to hear. He reffed the Isles scrimmage on Saturday and said Ho Sang was unbelievable, while Dal Colle was bad.

Any other takeaways from your friends dad? How did Andersson, Pionk, Bergelazov, Day, Gettinger, Zborovskiy, and Gropp look? Anyone else stand out?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Isn't it like Heetle or something like that? I've heard that a few times. I've just been saying Shih-Teel because the first time I heard his name it was said like that

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i kinda like cheeto

cheetos-crunchy-cheese.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad