GDT: Winterpeg Jets at Ottawa Senators - 3PM - CBC / Sportsnet / TVAS - Cool your Jets Edition

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Chychrun should be traded. Just terrible defensive plays. Bad habits. The worst cheating offenders watching the plays in the defensive zone are Tkachuk, Tarasenko and Batherson.

You do not fish for the puck one on one in overtime. It is hockey 101.
Another questionable post. Have you watched the past half dozen games. Tkachuk is playing pretty good defensive hockey. And he's not cheating. Batherson doesn't cheat in the D zone; he's usually in position but sometimes is soft on the puck. As for making bad plays on D Chabot is far worse overall and Brannstrom was bad this game.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It looks like the players are starting to implement what Martin is teaching them. The Jets didn't have that many shots up to the mid point of the game almost, and they are a good team.

To focus on finding a scape goat distracts from what was a pretty good game by the Senators. They'll win a lot against a lesser opponent playing the way they did.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think we have our guy honestly and we can’t hire him until the Marlies season is over
Coach Gruden.

I would be shocked if he wasn’t Staios choice.
Don’t need another rookie NHL coach…. We need a Coach who already has years of experience and has taken team to playoffs and the finals if possible…. Like Berube

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I would not be surprised if Gruden is the next full-time HC.
We’ve been down that road too many times…. And look where it has gotten us

they need to bring in a head coach with a NHL track record, like Berube

1705795379741.gif

My take was if they wanted Berube or Julien, they be hired by now as they are obviously unemployed.
They are waiting for the guy they want ( Gruden) IMO.

And what happens if he gets a better offer, or resigns with the leafs?

I hope Leafs fired Keefe and hired Gruden
Rumours are they’re interested in Berube

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Back from the game. Not sure I've ever felt such scorn for a Sen than I did in the moments right after Chych got walked on that OT goal.

Shout out to the kid a few rows behind me who never missed the chance to start a one-man "ref you suck" chant.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It looks like the players are starting to implement what Martin is teaching them. The Jets didn't have that many shots up to the mid point of the game almost, and they are a good team.

To focus on finding a scape goat distracts from what was a pretty good game by the Senators. They'll win a lot against a lesser opponent playing the way they did.
Over the past few seasons, the sens tend to play well vs teams much higher in the standings, and play down to the level of the teams in the bottom of the league.

IN any case, it will probably take the same 12 to 15 games, at the beginning of the next season, for the players to implement the New Head Coachs’ new system.

Too bad the New Head Coach didn’t have the rest of this season to implement his system now…. Instead of waiting until the beginning of nest season….

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Back from the game. Not sure I've ever felt such scorn for a Sen than I did in the moments right after Chych got walked on that OT goal.

Shout out to the kid a few rows behind me who never missed the chance to start a one-man "ref you suck" chant.
I am not a fan of the way he defends. He's a beautiful skater, he's a good puck carrier, but too often he doesn't defend how I'd expect. However, It's just one of those goals.

Reactions: Crosside

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

Sounded like the crowd had good energy. Woulda been cooler to hear it erupt at a Sens OT win.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Finally banked a loser point.

None of our LHD can play the right side. Whether or not we keep Chychrun, we definitely need to pick up 2 better RHD for next year. JBD needs to be #7 and Hamonic, who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: DueDiligence

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It was a frigging backhand! How many guys score on backhands? Not many.

Backhands are hard to place and a well placed backhand is hard to stop. I'm sure Korpisalo would like it back, I don't hate the goal. If we are talking about Chychrun which we were, he got beat. He didn't force Ehlers onto his backhand, Ehlers took the route by deception. Chychrun bit on the outside drive and got beat to the middle.

Reactions: Micklebot

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
I suspect they play Pinto in Kelly's place on RW with Norris and Tarasenko tomorrow.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Backhands are hard to place and a well placed backhand is hard to stop. I'm sure Korpisalo would like it back, I don't hate the goal. If we are talking about Chychrun which we were, he got beat. He didn't force Ehlers onto his backhand, Ehlers took the route by deception. Chychrun bit on the outside drive and got beat to the middle.

Yeah I mean considering how bad he got beat we were sorta lucky it was a backhand shot which the goalie should have had.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I'm not saying Chychrun played it well; he didn't. But it wasn't the egregious mistake some are making it out to be. In addition, Batherson should have closed off the middle when Elhers crossed the blueline and Korpisalo let in a marginal goal.

Reactions: Korpse

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm not saying Chychrun played it well; he didn't. But it wasn't the egregious mistake some are making it out to be. In addition, Batherson should have closed off the middle when Elhers crossed the blueline and Korpisalo let in a marginal goal.

I agree Batherson could have done a little more to impede Ehlers and help Chychrun. I'm probably just more annoyed with Chychrun and being over critical after a loss the way some are with Korpisalo, it was a solid team game that didn't end the way we wanted.

Reactions: DueDiligence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad