GDT: Winterpeg Jets at Ottawa Senators - 3PM - CBC / Sportsnet / TVAS - Cool your Jets Edition

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
With the early start today the Senators did not hold a morning skate. Interim head coach Jacques Martin mentioned in his media availability yesterday that should he be cleared by trainers that Josh Norris will be available today, we will know more about Norris' availability when Jacques speaks to the media for his pregame session at 1 p.m

Winnipeg (29-10-4) is on a roll right now having won 13 of their last 17 games and remain in first place in the Central with 62 points. Today will be third of nine straight contests against Eastern Conference opponents for the Jets, who are 12-1-3 against the east this season.

The Jets have gone 33 games without allowing more than three goals in a game, two games shy of tying the NHL record (set by Minnesota in 2015).

1705767379914.png

1705767364300.png

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
See how one trade completely turns a franchise around. PLD is in L.A. working on his tan and the Jets players 1-20 totally focused on winning.

Sens aren’t close to Winnipeg - but once we get rid of the floaters (like Laine, PLD we’re in Winnipeg) and get real NHL players who don’t mind breaking a nose or a finger for the team - we’ll be a complete team

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
See how one trade completely turns a franchise around. PLD is in L.A. working on his tan and the Jets players 1-20 totally focused on winning.

Sens aren’t close to Winnipeg - but once we get rid of the floaters (like Laine, PLD we’re in Winnipeg) and get real NHL players who don’t mind breaking a nose or a finger for the team - we’ll be a complete team
More players on LTIR, got it.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
We might be a lot like the Jets if we get good coaches in for next year.

The only thing is that they have one of the best at the most important position in hockey (Goalie) and we have some real beauties.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
More players on LTIR, got it.

Not being afraid of an injury for your team is culture, you want to flamingo your shot blocks or fly by your hits your team losses. You block shots and take the bruises, you’re team wins.

Winning in the NHL is about will. Ottawa is short on Will right now, they have about talent they don’t have enough team players

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Was Hockey Day In Canada not a thing not that long ago? Like an actual event that people tuned into? Dead on HF, empty fluff pieces on CBC... It's finished, isn't it? Sad.

And McLean dressed as a toddler as just to rub it further.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Was Hockey Day In Canada not a thing not that long ago? Like an actual event that people tuned into? Dead on HF, empty fluff pieces on CBC... It's finished, isn't it? Sad.

And McLean dressed as a toddler as just to rub it further.
It’s always seemed a little irrelevant, imho. I remember when they hosted it in the KRC parking lot. It was….ok?

Bettman could have pardoned Pinto one game early, it would have been a Hockey Day in Canada miracle!

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
It’s always seemed a little irrelevant, imho. I remember when they hosted it in the KRC parking lot. It was….ok?

Bettman could have pardoned Pinto one game early, it would have been a Hockey Day in Canada miracle!
Maybe it's just me but I've been watching for at least 40 minutes now and there's been barely any talk of the matchups at all tonight. Don't even know what the 7 or 10 PM games are. Use to be non stop non stop hype of all Canadian matchups with some small local community features sprinkled in here and there.

Going extra heavy on the mini documentary angle. 10 minutes at least for each segment and then visit sportsnet.ca for another half hour + of content.

Reactions: Flamingo

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I would say I'm surprised Mac is out against a pretty physical team but he doesn't really play a heavy game at all and Kubalik is capable of a 4th line role.

Big question is who comes out tomorrow night? Probably Kubalik as I don't see JM removing Charts.

Rough anthem!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad