GDT: Winterpeg Jets at Ottawa Senators - 3PM - CBC / Sportsnet / TVAS - Cool your Jets Edition

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I agree Batherson could have done a little more to impede Ehlers and help Chychrun. I'm probably just more annoyed with Chychrun and being over critical after a loss the way some are with Korpisalo, it was a solid team game that didn't end the way we wanted.
The Sens played really well today against a very good team. They keep playing like that and they will win a bunch more games.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
I was at the game, this imo was on one of their better played games. You can tell the team is really starting to buy into Martin’s ways..
I am curious who comes out tomorrow for Pinto.
Perhaps Kubalik?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I suspect they play Pinto in Kelly's place on RW with Norris and Tarasenko tomorrow.

I'm not opposed to having Pinto ease himself back into the line up as the 4th line C. Kelly has been playing some good hockey and Tarasenko looks better on the right side than the left. Let him get back up to game speed before experimenting with him on the wing.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
If this is JM hockey, I’m down. But credit the the players (even if it’s the JM effect setting in) the played with “urgency” and the Jets struggled with our forecheck. That with limiting shots and chances, if we can actually keep playing like this consistently we will consistently win more than we lose. Good (or at least average) goaltending notwithstanding.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
That was the most complete game I seen them play. The only difference between this game and the Habs one were the goalies making saves.

Reactions: Flamingo

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I was at the game, this imo was on one of their better played games. You can tell the team is really starting to buy into Martin’s ways..
I am curious who comes out tomorrow for Pinto.
Perhaps Kubalik?
If the hope is to move kubalik you can't take him out of the lineup. It's between chartier and Kastelic and imo chartier has shown more so it should be Kastelic coming out of the lineup

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Demelo looked good again so strange cuz when he left some here said “if you’re worried about a 6-7 d man then there’s something wrong”. I dono. Seems like a very good player. But only a 6-7.

Reactions: DrEasy and Flamingo

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Should have won this game. That 3 on 1 in OT didn't even generate a shot attempt because of that god awful pass, game should been done and dusted right there.
No idea how he missed that bad, everything was lined up perfectly, he didn't rush, just horrendous execution.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I see a lot of positive things to focus on from this game, The forwards have better gap control, are back checking and really limited shots up to the mid point of the game. They are implementing the systems that Martin has been teaching them. The Jets are on top of the league and have a Vezina trophy goalie playing for them at the top of his game. There are a few gaffes and things to clean up, but by and large, nothing comparable to what we've seen in the past. We held them to just 2 goals one of which was scored in overtime. And yet people seem more preoccupied in finding the scape goat. If they play as well as they did last night, I'd think we could beat a lot of teams and win games. I find a lot more encouraging things to say than negative from this game.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Seeing this game live, and seeing the level of concentration by the players was something else. Fighting urges all game trying to go for something that isn't there...I saw Sanderson fight that urge this game. In the 2nd, there was a play where whe was looking to make a fancy play between two jets and force a puck in the middle of the ice, thought about it, and ended up clearing the puck into the Jets bench. That is Jacques Martin hockey. Defensive play and make the most of your opportunities. I think they had three posts.

If anything, the most important aspect of yesterday's game, was that this team is actually coachable and can stick with something I think it is a huge building block and will set this team up well . A very mature game.

Went to a Senators performance and a hockey game broke out

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Seeing this game live, and seeing the level of concentration by the players was something else. Fighting urges all game trying to go for something that isn't there...I saw Sanderson fight that urge this game. In the 2nd, there was a play where whe was looking to make a fancy play between two jets and force a puck in the middle of the ice, thought about it, and ended up clearing the puck into the Jets bench. That is Jacques Martin hockey. Defensive play and make the most of your opportunities. I think they had three posts.

If anything, the most important aspect of yesterday's game, was that this team is actually coachable and can stick with something I think it is a huge building block and will set this team up well . A very mature game.

“and can stick with something”

I hope you’re right. I need to see consistency before I believe it. The way we played yesterday afternoon and with our uniforms we looked more like the Hurricanes than the Sens I know

Reactions: coladin

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021

"Went to a Senators performance and a hockey game broke out"

My nomination for post of the week.

Reactions: coladin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad