Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part III - Ronaldout

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I dunno Arsenal's situation so can't say specifically how much they'd gain, but Adams was making Leipzig an extra 8 figures a year. Throw in that he's a decent midfielder and he's comfortable worth his buyout clause.

Do you have an article or anything? I’d love to read it. I’m just not seeing how any one average starter with not much hype in America could drive that much revenue.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I dunno Arsenal's situation so can't say specifically how much they'd gain, but Adams was making Leipzig an extra 8 figures a year. Throw in that he's a decent midfielder and he's comfortable worth his buyout clause.

How is “extra 8 figures a year” calculated?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Do you have an article or anything? I’d love to read it. I’m just not seeing how any one average starter with not much hype in America could drive that much revenue.
How is “extra 8 figures a year” calculated?

I'll do a deeper look later, cause I'm not finding it now...it was pre-corona so that impact has most certainly diminished since then & the time since is making it more of a pain for me to find right now.

...but (IIRC) there were some NA sponsorship deals that they signed which were connected directly to Adams joining their squad, which were netting them around 3-3.5M a year. There was an acceleration to the growth of their footprint in the USA which lined up with when he broke through for them, and the shirt sales did a decent chunk of business for them as well. Which combined for 10-12M euros in 2019/2020...if memory serves.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Very interesting news, Arsenal have turned their resources from Vlahovic to Osimhen. Would Napoli sell him so fast after getting him like last summer?

Banterlona FC. This deal is just fantastic to see from neutral fans lol. He's built like a freaking tank and has some solid pace to go along his playmaking skills, but oooffffff, one of the worst finishers I've ever seen.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Still think it’s a dumb move for Turner.

Backing up England’s soon to be #1 is not the route to getting playtime.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
- Very interesting news, Arsenal have turned their resources from Vlahovic to Osimhen. Would Napoli sell him so fast after getting him like last summer?

Banterlona FC. This deal is just fantastic to see from neutral fans lol. He's built like a freaking tank and has some solid pace to go along his playmaking skills, but oooffffff, one of the worst finishers I've ever seen.
Please do not let Osimhen go to Arsenal. I like him and I do not like Arsenal.

Reactions: robertmac43

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Chambers had 6 months left and we let him go for £0. We paid a £5m loan fee for Cedric when he had 6 months left. Edu needs to go. What the f*** is this? Chambers is a genuinely good footballer and Cedric is shit.

Loaning out Maitland-Niles makes this all the more stupid.

Reactions: luiginb and S E P H

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Time for the yearly Auba to Barca rumor.

As for Chambers, doesn't make sense to me. Who is the coverage for Tomiyasu who has already gone down once this season? Cedric? Got to hope Tom stays healthy the rest of the season....

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Chambers had 6 months left and we let him go for £0. We paid a £5m loan fee for Cedric when he had 6 months left. Edu needs to go. What the f*** is this? Chambers is a genuinely good footballer and Cedric is shit.

Loaning out Maitland-Niles makes this all the more stupid.

"When's it going to end?!"

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
"When's it going to end?!"
That’s just how I feel.

White right back, Holding center back is the backup plan. Which isn’t really ideal.

As for Chambers, doesn't make sense to me. Who is the coverage for Tomiyasu who has already gone down once this season? Cedric? Got to hope Tom stays healthy the rest of the season....

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

sorry for the delay, didn't get much time to enter on here

Savinho is a very talented winger (pace, dribbling, strong on the ball), but he didn't get any playing time last season being stuck on a team that has one of the strongest roster in South America. Honestly, He would be better off going to RB Bragantino, where he'd get PT against pros then, if he perform, move to Europe. Arsenal could buy low right know, but I'd be surprised if he's ready to contribute, maybe buy him and loan him back to another BR side that's more willingly to let him play

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

Ben White. Then Holding plays CB.

Unless Arteta is out or they clear the air between them? Seem like his fate is similar to Guendouzi?

Wrong

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Unless Arteta is out or they clear the air between them? Seem like his fate is similar to Guendouzi?
I guess so. It just boggles my mind that such a young star won't even get a real chance. Surely a manager needs to put in more effort on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad