Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part III - Ronaldout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Most be funny being Traore. Produce nothing. Being chased by two of the bigger clubs in Europe (top 10 financially at least) :laugh:

From what I can gather Spurs are actually planning to play Traore as a winger. So utterly pointless. One of the problems with this Spurs team is they haven't got enough goals outside of Kane and Son. At least Diaz makes sense from a production point of view.

I'm all for taking a punt on Traore as a RWB, but as a winger boy oh boy.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
-It’d be foolish to bring in two new CBs unless they get rid of all of them except for Araujo and Pique.
-Pique can play the vast majority of the matches just fine.
-To compare Pique to Busquets is lazy and/or ignorant.

Yes of course they should get rid of 2 maybe 3 CBs imo.time to rebuild the squad I now it will take time and 2 in the summer seems unlikely but they MUST get one.

it isn’t lazy at all. Biscuits can be very effective when he isn’t ran to the ground. And pique needs consistent cover he’s too old to be starting every game.

WAY too much smoke around Traore for me, though admittedly simply being linked with him is way too much for me. Anyway, WHY THE **** would you get rid of Trincao for him much less include him in any sort of deal? Wolves have a clause to buy Trincao and you probably just sent them a message they can pay less for him now. That’s not to mention no players in particular we could put Trincao cash towards if he’s not in your plans.

Looks like it’s a done deal now

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Most be funny being Traore. Produce nothing. Being chased by two of the bigger clubs in Europe (top 10 financially at least) :laugh:

From what I can gather Spurs are actually planning to play Traore as a winger. So utterly pointless. One of the problems with this Spurs team is they haven't got enough goals outside of Kane and Son. At least Diaz makes sense from a production point of view.

I'm all for taking a punt on Traore as a RWB, but as a winger boy oh boy.

You may be for it, but Traore isn't.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You may be for it, but Traore isn't.

I said in the summer that a 20m punt is fine (I believe I wrote 20 at least), but the rumoured 40-50 would be insane. I would not pay 35m for Traore. And I have no idea why Barcelona would. Traore is a bit like Taarabt or even Ndombele. Could have included Ben Arfa as well I guess. Divine talent in some ways (Traore less so), but you got to have an end product at some point. Traore isn't 19 either.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I said in the summer that a 20m punt is fine (I believe I wrote 20 at least), but the rumoured 40-50 would be insane. I would not pay 35m for Traore. And I have no idea why Barcelona would. Traore is a bit like Taarabt or even Ndombele. Could have included Ben Arfa as well I guess. Divine talent in some ways (Traore less so), but you got to have an end product at some point. Traore isn't 19 either.
I’m not sure he’s quite comparable to those guys, or at least Ben Arfa and Ndombele. Those dudes had the talent and brains to be all word sort of guys but have been let down by drive/commitment etc. Traore is nothing but a pure specimen physically and has reached the peak of what he’s capable of.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I’m not sure he’s quite comparable to those guys, or at least Ben Arfa and Ndombele. Those dudes had the talent and brains to be all word sort of guys but have been let down by drive/commitment etc. Traore is nothing but a pure specimen physically and has reached the peak of what he’s capable of.

They are not the same, but I remember when Traore was a kid - and people was talking about that endless potential. It even looked like he would become pretty special that one year at Wolverhampton. Traore is technically of course different than the players mentioned, but someone who can do pretty special stuff (occasionally).

Which I guess why clubs are still interested in him - even if he has never been able to perform consistently at more than a pretty average level.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

It doesn't sound like it's a mandatory buy option from Barcelona's end.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
As always when you are linked to a player you get a bit excited by the idea as time goes on. I wanted to see how Traore would have done at RWB, but for that kind of money it would be completely out of the question (and of course Spurs couldn't compete with Barcelona anyway).

Makes me thing Spurs are confident they can find something else though. As Wolverhampton accepts a loan move - rather than a permanent one to Spurs. Not sure if I can see Barcelona paying 35m in the summer unless something special happens with Traore.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It doesn't sound like it's a mandatory buy option from Barcelona's end.

Exactly, it’s not from what I’m seeing and unless he blows the doors off of La Liga he probably won’t be purchased.

Not thrillled with this move, but at least it’s just a loan and it’s on the cheap. At least Trincao wasn’t involved.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean arsenal was already getting those invitations? Not like you see Boavista and Genk playing friendlies at Sofi stadium now? And what sponser is really going to pay that much more because of a random American? This isn’t pulisic.
There is no way any of that is anyway close to 32 mil! Shit it probably isn’t worth $1 mil! Like Arsenal’s “followers” don’t even move if this signing goes through.

I dunno Arsenal's situation so can't say specifically how much they'd gain, but Adams was making Leipzig an extra 8 figures a year. Throw in that he's a decent midfielder and he's comfortable worth his buyout clause.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Exactly, it’s not from what I’m seeing and unless he blows the doors off of La Liga he probably won’t be purchased.

Not thrillled with this move, but at least it’s just a loan and it’s on the cheap. At least Trincao wasn’t involved.

Isn't the same terms of Trincao?

They could very well say we buy Adams if you buy Trincao and we've lost Trincao for nothing and instead win a rugby player.

This move f***ing sucks

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In other german news,

- BVB's Meunier has been mentioned as an option if Barca's move for Traore falls apart.

- Burnley is trying to secure FC VW's Weghorst.

- Bayern are discussing bringing Nübel back early.

- Stuttgart have been linked to Sporting's Tiago Tomas.

- According to Bild, BMG are considering Kovac if Hütter needs to be replaced in season...*sigh*

- Gosens' agent has confirmed his move to Inter.

- Hertha are signing Dong Jun Lee

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Newcastle now proposing 42M + 10M bonus to Lyon for Bruno. That sounds exactly like my prediction of "trying to milk a few millions".

OL in return is closing in on Romain Faivre. Real also interested in Tchouameni.
Both are PSG targets. As was Ndombele.
Leonardo is probably playing with Dembele's agent during all of this.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Isn't the same terms of Trincao?

They could very well say we buy Adams if you buy Trincao and we've lost Trincao for nothing and instead win a rugby player.

This move f***ing sucks

I don’t think so. I mean both are loans with the option to buy, but I think their respective wages are different and Trincao’s buyout is only 29 million.

I don’t think we’ll buy Traore, or I hope we don’t unless he somehow plays out of his mind. Not sure about Wolves and Trincao, but I would think that would be more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad