Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part III - Ronaldout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
All of these thread titles are reverse jinxes. Thanks a lot.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How does this FFP stuff work??
It doesn’t.

If memory serves Villa would not be under as much scrutiny because they aren’t in European competition but do not ask me the logic of that because I have no idea

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Economically There is no where else for CR7 to go in Europe besides PSG if Messi signs off.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

How does this FFP stuff work? Would a club like Villa have to sell to buy then?

somehow, I don't think that graph is accurate -- seems like there's a big 100m Jack Grealish hole in that ffp calculations
It doesn’t.

If memory serves Villa would not be under as much scrutiny because they aren’t in European competition but do not ask me the logic of that because I have no idea
There's UEFA FFP and Domestic FFP.... but I still don't really get a lot about it

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
somehow, I don't think that graph is accurate -- seems like there's a big 100m Jack Grealish hole in that ffp calculations

There's UEFA FFP and Domestic FFP.... but I still don't really get a lot about it
Even with Grealish you only had net positive spend of £22M. It's not outlandish with the money spent by Villa over the last few seasons. But as you said, I don't have a great idea of how the inputs work for FFP. Kieran Maguire is pretty respected, who the figures are based on, though.

Reactions: JPBolts

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
If Kieran Maguire says Villa has 5 million pound to spend, they have 5 million to spend. He and the Swiss Ramble would be the 2 I would listen to financially.

I highly recommend his twice weekly podcast. Price of Football.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Wonder if Ndombele is still convinced a superclub will want him.

Has to be one of the worst buys in the EPL ever. Record buy for Spurs and one of their highest earners.

Reactions: luiginb

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
evilo says ndombele is very very good. i trust evilo.
He has the talent to be one of the best midfielders in the world. Never denied that. Sadly his attitude stinks. He thinks he is entitled to a place at a superclub despite putting in minimal effort.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Wow this is a kick in the teeth. It allows Torres to be registered but honestly no words very embarssing.

mhmm not as bad if true

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

So a 10% decrease and the rest of the salary is paid over the course of contract. This also makes it easier for him to be loaned out. So win win. Not a bad deal at all. In fact great if they loan him out too.

Reactions: luiginb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad