Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread Part III - Ronaldout

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He has the talent to be one of the best midfielders in the world. Never denied that. Sadly his attitude stinks. He thinks he is entitled to a place at a superclub despite putting in minimal effort.

He’s similar to club Pogba in that sense, although Pogba’s floor is much higher.

If Pogba had a Kante like workrate he’d be a ballon dor contender every year.

If Ndombele had a Kante like work rate he could likely be starting at basically any club in the world.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Why don't we, I don't know, play Umtiti now? He can't be worse than Garcia.
This is a joke there are B players better than Sam now. Garcia isn’t bad not sure why you have a hard on for him he’s easily better than Lenglet too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Both Lenglet and Garcia suck. Umtiti wasn't worse when he played.

As for the "fake" it's not. Catalan paper Sport wrote it.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Both Lenglet and Garcia suck. Umtiti wasn't worse when he played.

As for the "fake" it's not. Catalan paper Sport wrote it.

Sam is way way way worse he can’t turn can’t run can’t pass and doesn’t care. Garcia is levels ahead how is this even a discussion.

sport puts out nonsense all the time again how is this remotely a discussion

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Of course Sport puts nonsense all the time. But it doesn't matter when you like what they talk about, so I thougth it'd be fun this time too ;)
And no, Umtiti hasn't been worse than Garcia in the games I've watched.
I don't necessarily believe whoscored is a good source for ratings, but they have almost the exact same rating in la liga actions for instance.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course Sport puts nonsense all the time. But it doesn't matter when you like what they talk about, so I thougth it'd be fun this time too ;)
And no, Umtiti hasn't been worse than Garcia in the games I've watched.
I don't necessarily believe whoscored is a good source for ratings, but they have almost the exact same rating in la liga actions for instance.
The irony here is hilarious but that's besides the point. Since Sam has played 1 la liga game this year to Garcia's 15. I'll save us the back and forth for the next few pages. Sam still sucks and doesn't have a place on the team. This isn't my opinion its a fact just ask Xavi who was so impressed with his training exercises that you post on about just not to give him a sniff of action. Props to sam for playing ball with the contract. It doesn't change anything he shouldn't be playing and luckily enough Xavi thinks so too.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

In English, it's Mendes floating the option. Make of that what anyone will.

So a 10% decrease and the rest of the salary is paid over the course of contract. This also makes it easier for him to be loaned out. So win win. Not a bad deal at all. In fact great if they loan him out too.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say after seeing this. I think it makes it easier to loan him. And to be fair that's a pay cut more than just 10%, but he also probably sees the writing on the wall with regards to his worth and his "ambition" towards a particular "project".

I'm fine with him getting another chance, but nothing to suggest he's better than Garcia at this exact moment in time. Garcia is hurt now anyway, though I'm not sure how bad or how long he'll be out. Either way Umtiti lacks match preparedness, but again still open to him getting a shot if the moment is right.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
So a 10% decrease and the rest of the salary is paid over the course of contract. This also makes it easier for him to be loaned out. So win win. Not a bad deal at all. In fact great if they loan him out too.

Yup, his gross salary per year is much more reasonable now. Still a tad overpaid but will be easier to move him. A lot of these guys have done a lot for the club, between the captains down to the miscasts (Pjanic, Coutinho, etc).

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Even with Grealish you only had net positive spend of £22M. It's not outlandish with the money spent by Villa over the last few seasons. But as you said, I don't have a great idea of how the inputs work for FFP. Kieran Maguire is pretty respected, who the figures are based on, though.
Oh for sure. Love his Price of Football podcast. I am figuring that the entire 100m is on the ffp books for this year and signings are amortized over the length of the contract. But again, who knows with FFP — I could go on about that all day ha

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh for sure. Love his Price of Football podcast. I am figuring that the entire 100m is on the ffp books for this year and signings are amortized over the length of the contract. But again, who knows with FFP — I could go on about that all day ha

Dunno if the EPL does it differently, but that's how UEFA's FFP works

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bild is reporting that highly rated 2005er, Tom Bischof, will be signing with Bayern when his contract expires in the summer. Nagelsmann is said to be a big fan of the kid and Bayern people think he could grow into an eventual Kimmich-replacement.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cajuste to Reims is almost done.
Really excited to get another bright young talent to join L1.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@Evilo what do you know about Hugo Ekitike? Popular name for Newcastle at the moment.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I want Ronaldo to Barca to happen so badly because I want to know how all the Barca fans will react to him after bashing him over all these decades lol.

Supposedly preparing a second offer.

Solid player, surprised they (aka Conte) are not giving him more of a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad