OT: Winter Storm Jonas

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
korean market was open so i got some beers. ripped off in price but when there are desperate times u can get ripped off....

I hear ya. Sacrifices must be made when you anticipate being buried in snow. Regardless of cost, alcohol during a blizzard is a worthy endeavor, indeed. :nod:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
my friend lives in frederick and they apparently already had 26 inches as of an hour or 2 ago.

Point of Rocks, where I live, is in the southwestern portion of Frederick County. We have an even 36 inches and it's supposed to continue for another few hours.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Point of Rocks, where I live, is in the southwestern portion of Frederick County. We have an even 36 inches and it's supposed to continue for another few hours.

lol my friend hasnt said anything to me or my other friend who lives in rockville but works in fredneck today. hes gone totally off the radar. hopefully his building didnt collapse under 4 feet of snow and hes still alive.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
lol my friend hasnt said anything to me or my other friend who lives in rockville but works in fredneck today. hes gone totally off the radar. hopefully his building didnt collapse under 4 feet of snow and hes still alive.

4 feet? That's an obnoxious amount of snow, lol.

I'm on the Jersey Coast in Ocean County...a few miles from the beach. I just went out and measured 13". The snow will stop around midnight. MAXIMUM for us will be 18"...but I'm anticipating about 16" by the time all is said and done. Very heavy snow, though. A pain in the ass to shovel.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

My people in Gaithersburg have about 30 inches.

A couple weird people on my HOA's Facebook group post everything they hear on the scanner. Haven't heard anything about structure collapses so hopefully your bro is okay. :laugh:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
my liquor cabinet finally comes through

this apple cider whiskey is A+

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
My people in Gaithersburg have about 30 inches.

A couple weird people on my HOA's Facebook group post everything they hear on the scanner. Haven't heard anything about structure collapses so hopefully your bro is okay. :laugh:

lol it is weird. i was *****ing bout his silence and my other friend was like yeah where the **** is he today?!?! how can u go MIA when ur trapped in ur house all day lol.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I hope everyone gets by without harm to people, houses or anything.

10 people died in MD so far. I think mainly from traffic accidents? I know one guy died shoveling his driveway. I almost died, I swear. I have high blood pressure and I'm a macho idiot who refuses to take breaks. At one point I got dizzy and had to brace myself with my shovel. Of course my wife witnessed it and freaked out. Scary thing is that even if something serious happened, while there's a volunteer fire department at the entrance to my subdivision, there's no way anyone could make it into my neighborhood and to my cul-de-sac. **** is crazy out there.

I'm up to 38 inches.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
We're about 30 minutes north east of Philly. Has to be 2+ ft on the ground.

Was outside at about 3 am shovelling some snow. Boy was it windy. Had to have been 30+ mph gusts at times. Some roofs were completely without snow due to the wind. When I came back in, my dark blue sweatshirt was literally all white. At the time, probably 6 inches or so were on the ground.

Went back out there around 10 after the snow plows blocked us in. The guy next door to me has a snow blower, and of course the one time he needs it, the thing does not work. Pretty terrible luck. Helped him shovel his way out.

Probably going to go back out in a little to shovel more. Might get another 3-4 inches over the next 4-6 hours. I think I'm done with snow for a little while.

Mike Trout was talking to Jim Cantore on the Weather Channel earlier today for those interested:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/weather-geek-mike-trout-joins-jim-cantore-to-report-on-1754703823

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
We're about 30 minutes north east of Philly. Has to be 2+ ft on the ground.

Was outside at about 3 am shovelling some snow. Boy was it windy. Had to have been 30+ mph gusts at times. Some roofs were completely without snow due to the wind. When I came back in, my dark blue sweatshirt was literally all white. At the time, probably 6 inches or so were on the ground.

Went back out there around 10 after the snow plows blocked us in. The guy next door to me has a snow blower, and of course the one time he needs it, the thing does not work. Pretty terrible luck. Helped him shovel his way out.

Probably going to go back out in a little to shovel more. Might get another 3-4 inches over the next 4-6 hours. I think I'm done with snow for a little while.

Mike Trout was talking to Jim Cantore on the Weather Channel earlier today for those interested:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/weather-geek-mike-trout-joins-jim-cantore-to-report-on-1754703823

You're close to me, between the snow and drifts from 40 mph winds, we have easily, 2-3 feet in some areas of the yard, and 4-5 in others. This **** will be here until July, from ONE storm. :help:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Gotta be easily 3 feet out there right now. How do you guys think it'll look on Monday? This is a ridiculous amount of snow, even if we do have tomorrow to clear it out.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Haha just busting your chops.

Stay safe guys and girls. To pass time just watch some Rangers games (not this season's games).

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
You're close to me, between the snow and drifts from 40 mph winds, we have easily, 2-3 feet in some areas of the yard, and 4-5 in others. This **** will be here until July, from ONE storm. :help:

Yeah, these winds are crazy. It's still coming down heavy with some nasty winds.

That's where I'm at too. Looks like 2-3 feet in some spots, and then 4+ ft in other areas from drifts.

Last night/this morning at 3 am was pretty cool. I'd shovel an area on my patio, moved to the front yard for 20 minutes or so, and the back needed to be shovelled again!

Wow, just saw on the news they recoded 85 mph winds in Virginia. This storm is insane. I think I've made about 4 trips alone today to shovel. Time to make another. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad