OT: Winter Storm Jonas

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
seems like this storm is going to hit NYC harder than they projected as of yesterday. this map projecting 1.5-2.5 feet of snow in NYC area now.

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
They're closing all NYC streets after 2:30 pm today.

Ironically, its a good thing the Rangers are on the road to Canada lol! Being snowed in with canceled Rangers games would a huge bummer.

BarbaraAlphanse

Came back to LI to help my parents shovel. Wonder what the work commute will be like on Monday and if I can pull a working from home due to poor LIRR service.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
They're closing all NYC streets after 2:30 pm today.

Ironically, its a good thing the Rangers are on the road to Canada lol! Being snowed in with canceled Rangers games would a huge bummer.

I still remember a couple of years ago there was a huge snow storm, and they didn't postpone the game. Made my way in, and half the arena was empty. They had massive discounts on food, and merch. Was pretty awesome.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I still remember a couple of years ago there was a huge snow storm, and they didn't postpone the game. Made my way in, and half the arena was empty. They had massive discounts on food, and merch. Was pretty awesome.

I had tickets to that game, it was against Tampa. Couldn't make it :laugh:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I just hope everyone gets out and shovels in small pieces. If you try to wait this out and shovel at the end you're going to be in big trouble.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I live in a town called Point of Rocks, MD. At my house we have 31 inches with no end in sight.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
Im in town for weekend, planning on going to the game against Buff Monday night. Hopefully this weather clears up by then. I bought tickets to the Isles-Flyers game at Barclays tonight because they were dirt cheap when i was browsing for them last night on stubhub. Unfortunately they postponed that game so I will have to that up for resale i guess.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

member 116805

Does anyone know how long this weather is supposed to last?
I've got a connecting flight in Newark on my way to a Metal Cruise leaving from Fr. Lauderdale in about a week... :cry:

BarbaraAlphanse

korean market was open so i got some beers. ripped off in price but when there are desperate times u can get ripped off....

Bought 18 just to be safe. And industrial sized bags of cape cod chips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad