News Article: Winnipeg won't get hockey back this season even if NHL resumes: Jets source

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
True north aint run like the good ppl with the blue bombers

Tnse is trash and i warned everyone years ago. Everyone didnt see it same way but they do now.

Im just ahead of my time
Well considering the CFL is asking the government , us the tax payers , for 30 million dollars i would think they aren't run that good .

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Its not 50/50 split. Chipper used all his money to buy off investors during true north project.

Bell mts has no value its literally worth nothing and are still paying mortgage. The land has value which chipman doesn't own.
You truly have no clue what you're talking about.
"Chipman is worth 15 m at the most"
"They're valueless"
"The MTS center has NO Value!!!?>"

OMG MarketSquare on Hf said the MTS CENTER HAS NO VALUE I GUESS I SHOULD MAKE A BID.

I OFFER 100k, okay, mr. chipman?!

The companies and buildings still have EXTREME value even though they have mortgages to pay

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
"They're valueless"

OMG MarketSquare on Hf said the MTS CENTER HAS NO VALUE I GUESS I SHOULD MAKE A BID.

The companies and buildings still have EXTREME value even though they have mortgages to pay

I was going to offer $10 and my empty beer bottles for them to cash in for BMTSP

Always amazing when these new accounts appear that have magical inside information and knowledge the rest of us don't, right?

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was going to offer $10 and my empty beer bottles for them to cash in for BMTSP

Always amazing when these new accounts appear that have magical inside information and knowledge the rest of us don't, right?
:laugh: Aren't you full of extra knowledge now ? :laugh:

MarketSquare

Apr 26, 2020
"They're valueless"

So you do not know anything about the business of sports. Big deal. You don't have to come across rude or ignorant.

Sporting arenas have zero value in any evaluation unless team is sold within 1-2 years/ its privately owned but is contracted out by a city/government with a lease. And even that, it would cut the cost now increase the cost.

Reactions: ps241

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009
So you do not know anything about the business of sports. Big deal. You don't have to come across rude or ignorant.

Sporting arenas have zero value in any evaluation unless team is sold within 1-2 years/ its privately owned but is contracted out by a city/government with a lease. And even that, it would cut the cost now increase the cost.

Funny... The city has it assessed at ~$49 Million based on a market value as of April 1, 2018.

Assessment and Taxation Department - City of Winnipeg

edit: Are you saying MSG has no value?

Last edited:

MarketSquare

Apr 26, 2020
Well considering the CFL is asking the government , us the tax payers , for 30 million dollars i would think they aren't run that good .

hmmm. i'm sure you believe that which makes you irrelevant when discussing this. what does one have to do with the other? lol.

The Blue Bombers are run like a pro team. The Jets are run like an AHL minor league team.

MarketSquare

Apr 26, 2020
Funny... The city has it assessed at ~$49 Million based on a market value as of April 1, 2018.

Assessment and Taxation Department - City of Winnipeg

edit: Are you saying MSG has no value?

MSG being madison square garden? it has value as entertainment theater. Its not just a hockey arena. It has value as a transit station, shopping district, and connector of underground passages. it has value as much as richardson building downtown.

Bell MTS like every single sporting arena has zero value to the owner. If one were to buy the building its for owning the land or operating the lease for the tenants like SkyDome. It was sold for $25 million to Rogers. The land it sits on is extremely valuable due to it being in the hub of the railways and transit corridor.

The mistake Rogers did was thought they would be able to use the ownership to negotiate its principle stake as a ltd company which backfired when it needed $$ for renovations. Using tax dollars would be illegal in the province of Ontario which is part III why Toronto has no money to spend on sporting facilities.

The land the skydome sits now is completely useless as its now permanently zoned as entertainment use only so good luck tearing the skydome down and CN tower to build anything sports related. Rogers blew it off as a tax loss most likely.

MSG is also owned by publicly traded company that is reinvesting its profits into its sports teams by 70% which means anything it owns is part of the overall property of its holdings. MSG indirectly has zero value to the profits of the Rangers or Knicks.

If you were to buy the Knicks or Rangers Dolan does not have to sell the arena rights over to the new owner.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
hmmm. i'm sure you believe that which makes you irrelevant when discussing this. what does one have to do with the other? lol.

The Blue Bombers are run like a pro team. The Jets are run like an AHL minor league team.
I don't know why you think the Jets are run like a AHL team, they sell out pretty much every game. The NHL isn't saying they need 150 million dollars to survive like the CFL is if they don't play this season. But what the hell do i know apparently i'm irrelevant.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I don't understand what they are suggesting. Does it mean all the NHL teams would be playing in those four cities or that a selection of NHL teams would be? I mean I don't think anyone anywhere is going to be sitting in arenas watching hockey this season so the fact that games might not actually be played in an empty facility in Winnipeg...well I couldn't care less really. But I don't know how they could bung together something that doesn't include all the franchises...

IF IF IF we get hockey back it won't be like what we are used to. From start up to end, games will be played behind closed doors with little or no travel. All games will be played only in select cities, Cup final will be in one city only

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

Really bad take man.... Comparing the NHL to the CFL is like comparing Loblaws to Food Fare..... Yes they are both kinda the same but in different universes :D

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Telling someone they are irrelevant is coming across rude and ignorant dude.

Reactions: Fire Chevy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad