Rumor: Winnipeg to get new Alternate jersey; revamped main jersey.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Wonder if they'll resurrect this logo at some point

JPa8ec6.jpg

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I still haven’t gotten the recent heritage one, so unless this is a new primary, I may pass.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Before we know it, there will be a new friggin' jersey every year. It's more of a money grab than anything else. I'm maxed out on Jets jerseys, so if there is a new one, I'll pass...

Have you seen the NBA? Some teams now have 6 jerseys and change all of them each season. :shakehead

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I would like to see something totally new, something aggressive looking, something out of the box. No more throw backs to the Jets 1.0, that’s too easy and overdone.
Saw this when I googled Winnipeg Jets Alternate Logos. It's the existing shoulder patch with red as the primary colour. I'm a big fan of shoulder yokes, but there isn't an actual image of a jet anywhere in the design. Still, it is a departure from what we've seen, yet it utilizes existing logos for continuity.

upload_2021-8-8_16-10-58.png

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I would like to see something totally new, something aggressive looking, something out of the box. No more throw backs to the Jets 1.0, that’s too easy and overdone.
If the Jets were to retire their current logo (which I've always thought was weak), and still wanted to distance themselves from teh past, this would be the best possible option in my opinion. Unfortunately, I doubt that they have the guts (three or four mothers may complain about the skull imagery). Replace the "Drivers Wanted, Death From Above" with "Winnipeg Jets" or not have any words at all.

If we had this as our logo, even in the exact same colour scheme (or our light blues), I'd buy every possible t-shirt, sweatshirt, golf shirt, ect. there is.

upload_2021-8-8_16-18-27.png

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If the Jets were to retire their current logo (which I've always thought was weak), and still wanted to distance themselves from teh past, this would be the best possible option in my opinion. Unfortunately, I doubt that they have the guts (three or four mothers may complain about the skull imagery). Replace the "Drivers Wanted, Death From Above" with "Winnipeg Jets" or not have any words at all.

If we had this as our logo, even in the exact same colour scheme (or our light blues), I'd buy every possible t-shirt, sweatshirt, golf shirt, ect. there is.

View attachment 460165

I hate this. :laugh:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Saw this when I googled Winnipeg Jets Alternate Logos. It's the existing shoulder patch with red as the primary colour. I'm a big fan of shoulder yokes, but there isn't an actual image of a jet anywhere in the design. Still, it is a departure from what we've seen, yet it utilizes existing logos for continuity.

View attachment 460162

just put the Habs toilet seat logo on it and it’s a Habs jersey

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
just put the Habs toilet seat logo on it and it’s a Habs jersey
Habs don't have a shoulder yoke, they have the wide stripe that goes across the arms and chest. The stripes here are far thicker as well.

With a blue, red and white colour scheme, there will be resemblances to teams like Montreal and Washington. I'm not necessarily advocating for something like this. I like the light blue of our alternate jerseys along with a new logo.

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

View attachment 460162

not bad. reminds me of the avalanche for some reason.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I don't think they will ever make the heritage sweaters our mains. True North wants their "stamp" on the modern iteration of the Jets to endure. Ego will get in the way, Unfortunate though IMO. I'm in the minority, but to this day I still dislike our Logo. Best I can say about it is that it looks good on center ice due to its symmetrical circular design.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

View attachment 460162

I don't really like this one but I don't mind the idea.
(also the Aviators don't have jets either so that's not a deal-breaker)

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I don't think they will ever make the heritage sweaters our mains. True North wants their "stamp" on the modern iteration of the Jets to endure. Ego will get in the way, Unfortunate though IMO. I'm in the minority, but to this day I still dislike our Logo. Best I can say about it is that it looks good on center ice due to its symmetrical circular design.

For me, the logo is in the middle tier of logos - not amazing but good enough
I'm also good with sticking with "new" designs rather than completely going back, because there is some distinction between the two Jets teams IMO. The references here and there and the Heritage jerseys are awesome though. Some hybrid between the two might be the best way to go (as has been suggested before).

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

View attachment 460162
Not a fan of the red...too Habs like.

Maybe switch the primary red to the 3rds light blue? Replace the jets script with an actual jet logo?

upload_2021-8-9_12-48-47.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad