Confirmed with Link: Winnipeg signs G Laurent Brossoit (1 year, 650k)

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I'd be happy to double his salary and keep him in the fold here. Seems like a great fit, TBH

Reactions: GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I don't see him getting a starting job with all the UFA goalies this off season.
Brossoit just keeps getting Ws.
7-1-1 and one of those losses is on Helle if you ask me.
1.25m x 2 years seems reasonable.
Berdin should be off of his ELC and Chevy should know by then whether he has a future with the club or not.
It doesn't look like Comrie is going to make the jump.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Brossoit has been solid for us this season and a reliable back up.

It was a good signing by Chevy.

At the time of the signing it probably was a dice roll but it has turned out very nicely so far, though any goalie can go in the tank at any time, especially a backup.

Reactions: GNP

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
At the time of the signing it probably was a dice roll but it has turned out very nicely so far, though any goalie can go in the tank at any time, especially a backup.

We definitely got lucky.

images

Reactions: Tommigun

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
We definitely got lucky.

images
I suspect Chevy had a credible tip from someone. I recall with Hutchinson there was a tip from his agent or something. Parallels to hutch are eerily similar. Hopefully Brossoit doesn’t vollspse aftr all star break.

.he has exceeded all expectations.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I suspect Chevy had a credible tip from someone. I recall with Hutchinson there was a tip from his agent or something. Parallels to hutch are eerily similar. Hopefully Brossoit doesn’t vollspse aftr all star break.

.he has exceeded all expectations.
Agents are incredibly unreliable sources as they all want their players paid so they get paid.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Brossoit has outplayed Helle and deserves to be the #1 goalie until he cools off. Unfortunately politics and stubbornness will prevent that from happening.

He has been sensational. If he played more games he could have potentially won the vezina based on his stats and winning percentage.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Does he get a start in San Jose or does Helle play until the break? I'd like to see him get one more game in before Christmas.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Brossoit has outplayed Helle and deserves to be the #1 goalie until he cools off. Unfortunately politics and stubbornness will prevent that from happening.

He has been sensational. If he played more games he could have potentially won the vezina based on his stats and winning percentage.

The workload of a backup versus a starter is quite different: it's possible that Brossoit's fortunes would change if he were pushed into the starter's role. It's not a given that he would maintain his numbers with a heavier workload.

I like what he brings as a backup, but Helle is and should be the #1. I know you don't particularly like Helle, but the game splits are unlikely to change.

Reactions: Jedub and SLAYER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad