Post-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets win in season finale [asterisk]

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Interesting post lol.

I don’t know what you were really getting at with this. The coronavirus has had a huge impact on societies and economies across the world, it is a crazy time right now. Yes it is not as crazy as WW2 but that’s like saying ya well winning a million dollars isn’t as crazy as winning 100 million. One being more significant/worse doesn’t make the other not notable and significant.

You are mutating the discussion...

Do you have a Jets hockey item to discuss...?

Trying to help...

Reactions: Ginger Papa

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We are one of the first area outside of China to get the brunt of the financial crunch , starting Jan 21 when it explode.

January alone in one of my business. 20,000 Chinese came in close contact with my team.
We are still fortunate health wise but , mostly everything is at stand still.

If i need to add to my "yup" ;)

Yup... Yup squared...

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
D0D46DEC-B14C-4D4B-97ED-C7BF10395D93.jpeg

E97A99A4-1989-45FF-B620-B0F4059085C3.jpeg

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We are one of the first area outside of China to get the brunt of the financial crunch , starting Jan 21 when it explode.

January alone in one of my business. 20,000 Chinese came in close contact with my team.
We are still fortunate health wise but , mostly everything is at stand still.

I had purchased
Lots of vitamins for the staff
Hand sanitizer
And make sure to clean clean clean

If i need to add to my "yup" ;)

I fly way too much...

Flying back from Calgary mid-January sat in the exit row over the wing right at the window...

A guy well dressed, well spoken came in late... sat in the aisle seat...

All the WestJet staff came and talked with him pre-flight...

He was a WestJtet exec...

Once all the staff left him to start Pre-flight protocol he proceeded to take out sanitizer wipes and wipe down every surface that he could reach in the row...

At that point I realized he knew something we all didn't... thus the link to the Brit Doctor...

Reduce your risk if you are a sentient person...

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
It's bad in lots of places. I saw something on Twitter earlier that made sense to me - for a lot of people, it'll be like the flu. For people with compromised immune systems, or older people who can't fight off a virus effectively, it's much worse. Those are your parents, your grandparents. Cancer patients, younger people with existing health problems. Without the containment actions, it's very likely that it spreads very quickly to a lot of people who can't fight it.

This is correct IMHO, and as such, its much more serious than regular sundry flu. For those at risk as described above its at least an order of magnitude more serious eg, 0.1% mortality vs 1%.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This is correct IMHO, and as such, its much more serious than regular sundry flu. For those at risk as described above its at least an order of magnitude more serious eg, 0.1% mortality vs 1%.

Watch the vid link to the Doc...

He has data on 70,000 cases from China and data from Italy...

:popcorn:

PS... I apologize... I have suddenly become a analytics guy... :laugh:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
One death, person in their 80s who had existing health problems. The number of confirmed cases is over 100 at this point.

It's bad in lots of places. I saw something on Twitter earlier that made sense to me - for a lot of people, it'll be like the flu. For people with compromised immune systems, or older people who can't fight off a virus effectively, it's much worse. Those are your parents, your grandparents. Cancer patients, younger people with existing health problems. Without the containment actions, it's very likely that it spreads very quickly to a lot of people who can't fight it.

This is, in my opinion, why this is an issue. The majority of the people who contract the virus will be okay and will recover like a normal flu. But the thing is so damn contagious that many people who can't fight it will contract it. The measures we are taking (closing leagues and stuff) is necessary to protect the vulnerable.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This is, in my opinion, why this is an issue. The majority of the people who contract the virus will be okay and will recover like a normal flu. But the thing is so damn contagious that many people who can't fight it will contract it. The measures we are taking (closing leagues and stuff) is necessary to protect the vulnerable.

I would like to distill and drill down on your comment...

Young pro hockey players are in the .001 percentile at risk...

Our true at risk vulnerable outside the obvious statistics are our courageous Healthcare professionals...

They are vulnerable also and deserve our concern, thoughts and appreciation...

:nod:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I just had two nasty battles with bronchitis and some virus within two weeks of each other. The second bug I am still feeling the effects of nearly 4 weeks after (joint pain, caugh, exhausted from standing) today was my best day in over a month. Seemed to have righted the ship

must admit I am a little concerned about catching this one before I'm fully recovered.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
True, until there is 1, 10, 100 or 1000 more deaths. Which will happen unless you get this under control.

You could very well be right -- but you do realize it will only kill people with health conditions ( respiratory, cardiovascular etc)

It will "not" kill the young people, or people will a healthy immune system --only those with a compromised ones, and the elderly.

Those people who it threatens certainly deserve protection, and I'm sure our advanced medical science professionals will work that out "shortly." (vaccine) etc.

With this being said --I'm an older man -- but I won't be wearing rubber gloves, and a face mask to go out shopping to Walmart, Home Depot, or my favorite restaurant, with a mask and rubber gloves. I believe there has been much worse plagues ( SARS, ECOLI ) and whatever in the history of mankind, and life carries on.

If the virus get's me --so be it - but I believe I'd survive it.

Are we all supposed to stay in our houses and just peak out the window, and let this virus hold our lifestyle ransom ???

When it becomes "really serious" and I see my neighbors getting sick, or people from my family --then I'll take out the face mask and rubber gloves

With this being said -everybody for themselves, and I respect anybody's decision as to what actions are necessary to protect themselves, and I certainly won't judge them for it.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

You could very well be right -- but you do realize it will only kill people with health conditions ( respiratory, cardiovascular etc)

It will "not" kill the young people, or people will a healthy immune system --only those with a compromised ones, and the elderly.

Those people who it threatens certainly deserve protection, and I'm sure our advanced medical science professionals will work that out "shortly." (vaccine) etc.

With this being said --I'm an older man -- but I won't be wearing rubber gloves, and a face mask to go out shopping to Walmart, Home Depot, or my favorite restaurant, with a mask and rubber gloves. I believe there has been much worse plagues ( SARS, ECOLI ) and whatever in the history of mankind, and life carries on.

If the virus get's me --so be it - but I believe I'd survive it.

Are we all supposed to stay in our houses and just peak out the window, and let this virus hold our lifestyle ransom ???

When it becomes "really serious" and I see my neighbors getting sick, or people from my family --then I'll take out the face mask and rubber gloves

With this being said -everybody for themselves, and I respect anybody's decision as to what actions are necessary to protect themselves, and I certainly won't judge them for it.

Agreed GNP'...

Since mid January my wife and I have been following a protocol of mitigation....

Not just for ourselves... but to protect the people, persons families we serve.... we both have a lot of contact with the public, clients and incidental persons...

Things we do protects others and limits the risk...

Live or die, we care or cared...

:thumbu:

Reactions: Ginger Papa and GNP

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It's funny... not funny how this is allowed now...

This talk...

Because it's now a Hockey issue...

Good night... I'm tired...

And dare I say...

Godspeed...

:laugh:

Peace Bro's and Sis'...

:clap:

Reactions: ps241 and GNP

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England

This depends on us as a community. It wouldn’t be the first thing and it certainly wont be last affecting how we interact with each other.

You can peek out, you can take the dog for a walk. Maybe you work remotely if you can. You can go shopping if you must.

But if you don’t have to, maybe you will postpone it to protect the most vulnerable.

I know it’s a gruesome comparison, but would we react differently if the average age of dead in Italy was 10 instead of 80? I think we would.

Reactions: hn777 and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
This depends on us as a community. It wouldn’t be the first thing and it certainly wont be last affecting how we interact with each other.

You can peek out, you can take the dog for a walk. Maybe you work remotely if you can. You can go shopping if you must.

But if you don’t have to, maybe you will postpone it to protect the most vulnerable.

I know it’s a gruesome comparison, but would we react differently if the average age of dead in Italy was 10 instead of 80? I think we would.

Good post Calendal -- but I hope you've taken into consideration, that severe cases of the flu have likely killed a lot of sick elderly people as well, and probably a lot more than this virus. We don't have numbers on this yet -- but I'm just not buying into the severity of this Virus til I see it hit those around me.

Your 100 % right though--if it was 10 year olds dying, we would definitely react a lot differently.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
To the Oilers , Predators , Wild , Canucks , Stars and that goddamn beer virus i say .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad