Winnipeg Jets select F Nikolaj Ehlers (1/9) (signs 3-year ELC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Nah I have no feelings whatsoever towards Korbinian Holzer. Didn't even play for Mannheim :( (as many young Germans did).

Ehlers is actually the best I could get besides Draisaitl :laugh: he played Junior very close to where I lived in Switzerland and grew up in Germany. He retweets German tweets from me.

Damn, do you know how many languages he speaks?

saskachewonian

Sep 24, 2014
Saskatchewan
As much as I wanted Ehlers to make the team this year (selfishly, I just wanted to see him play more often) He is sure going to gain some confidence, 17pts in his last 4 games! He looks to be the real deal.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
As much as I wanted Ehlers to make the team this year (selfishly, I just wanted to see him play more often) He is sure going to gain some confidence, 17pts in his last 4 games! He looks to be the real deal.

He is really tearing up to Q! 12-game point streak with 33 points on that streak :handclap: :yo: :D

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@rinkrant: Long time scout Paul Henry ranks Ehlers 4G 6 P performance as #2 on his all time CHL list., only 1 better @91Tavares. #NHLJets

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
But he's small and Ritchie was available!

Ehlers:
21 GP - 16 G - 27 A - 43 PTS

Ritchie:
22 GP - 13 G - 15 A - 28 PTS

Yea there are some red flags for Ritchie as well. Guerzy could probably comment more but you hear of a toxic locker room in Oshawa and poor leadership on the team and then the stupid car egging incident? :help:

Putting that stuff to the side and assuming he will grow out of it I would still prefer a kid like Ehlers that we don't have to guess what night he's going to show up to play on. I hate hearing that Ritchie is really inconsistent. At his size and with his skill he should be dominating on a nightly basis in the OHL but that just doesn't seem to be the case.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yea there are some red flags for Ritchie as well. Guerzy could probably comment more but you hear of a toxic locker room in Oshawa and poor leadership on the team and then the stupid car egging incident? :help:

Putting that stuff to the side and assuming he will grow out of it I would still prefer a kid like Ehlers that we don't have to guess what night he's going to show up to play on. I hate hearing that Ritchie is really inconsistent. At his size and with his skill he should be dominating on a nightly basis in the OHL but that just doesn't seem to be the case.

Ritchie might turn out to be an effective NHLer, but I think that you go for elite speed and talent whenever you get the chance. Ehlers has the potential for being a game-breaker, and he seems to have top-notch character.

I would have been very happy with either Ehlers or Nylander, even if the Jets had a pick in the top 5 or 6. There were a few scouting reviews that had Ehlers ranked top-5, and I think we are seeing that it probably wasn't a flash in the pan.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Ritchie might turn out to be an effective NHLer, but I think that you go for elite speed and talent whenever you get the chance. Ehlers has the potential for being a game-breaker, and he seems to have top-notch character.

I would have been very happy with either Ehlers or Nylander, even if the Jets had a pick in the top 5 or 6. There were a few scouting reviews that had Ehlers ranked top-5, and I think we are seeing that it probably wasn't a flash in the pan.

Wasn't the main "knock" on Ehlers that he was benefiting from playing with Drouin, so he had much more room to move because Drouin was the one facing the top D lines all the time? If so, it appears the kid has figured out how to play without the benefit of said Drouin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia