Winnipeg Jets select C Jansen Harkins (2/17)

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
I thought we'd take a defenseman with one of our 2nd or 3rd picks. Are Center's really our biggest need with Little/Scheifele/Lowry down the middle right now?

Connor and Roslovic have both spent time on the wing as well if we want them there instead. But yeah I did expect a defenceman by now as well.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I thought we'd take a defenseman with one of our 2nd or 3rd picks. Are Center's really our biggest need with Little/Scheifele/Lowry down the middle right now?
Draft BPA.
This kid was projected to go first round was he not?

I haven't really seen much of him but I know Cougar fans love him. Sounds like a great play maker.

He was a first/second tweener from what I saw.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Honestly, this pick is such a good value pick that it should be a no brainer unless we have a D-man who has fallen as far as Harkins on our list.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wasn't crazy about Harkins in the 1st, but great value at #47.

Chevy killing it on the draft floor again.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets D corp are stack for the next 5 years.
They can pick next year a good Dman's again.
they took Trouba and Morrissey with their previous 1st.
kostalek, Poolman, Chairot, Myers, Postma
Plus Enstrom and big Buff.
In the future, Trouba, Morrissey, Myers can log big minutes

Easy to get a vet D for prospects or picks to fill the gaps.
Jets forward prospects are now very deep.
With Burmistrov, Schiefele and Lowry all being very young as well.

jetdiehard

Jun 14, 2014
Winnipeg
A great pick for a second rounder, his dad was a decent player too.
I am also surprised we haven't picked up a defenceman yet, there was a couple good ones still available when we picked 25.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Add Copp to your list not to mention Perreault and Burmi. Cs might just be the only thing we need less than we need goalie prospects (but oddly we still need a goalie, hmmm). Harkins is the only one listed exclusively as a C. The other 2 are listed as C/LW and C/RW.

Chevy is clearly drafting BPA (Roslovic must have risen that far on his list). He has passed up many highly regarded D. Clearly he doesn't see 2LHD as enough of a priority to justify drafting one.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Good pick but preferred Daniel Sprong over him (screw you Pittsburgh).

Sprong's talent is undeniable but once I heard the guy is a bit of a head case, it's easy to see why they didn't bother.

Harkins isn't much of a drop off in talent but he is way, way more of a team player.

It's funny cause I voted Sprong both times in the HF mock draft before I knew much about him besides his talent.

Once again Chevy out drafted me. Maybe next year i'll get him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sprong's talent is undeniable but once I heard the guy is a bit of a head case, it's easy to see why they didn't bother.

Harkins isn't much of a drop off in talent but he is way, way more of a team player.

It's funny cause I voted Sprong both times in the HF mock draft before I knew much about him besides his talent.

Once again Chevy out drafted me. Maybe next year i'll get him.

Keep trying Flair! That's the spirit.
but I hope you keep losing! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad