Winnipeg Jets select C Jansen Harkins (2/17)

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Seems to be having a better year after off year last year. Rumour he may be longshot for u20 team. Anyone been watcHing him play this year or know some recent history with him. Seemed to really play well with moose at end of last season.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Imagine he will be signing a contact soon, maybe playing a few with the Moose down the stretch?

He is going to have to take a solid step if he is to ever reach the NHL, but he could carve a solid AHL career out.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
http://thehockeywriters.com/jansen-harkins-the-next-ones-2015-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

NHL Potential:

Second or third line center, who plays first-unit penalty kill and second-unit power play.

Strengths:
•Very capable 200-foot game; good in all three zones.
•Strong hockey IQ.
•Tenacious forechecker and backchecker.

Flaws/Aspects He Needs To Work On:
•Needs to continue to work on his physical strength to be an effective pro.
•Harkins could always shoot a bit more, or drive the net to create something in low-chance situations.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Jansen Harkins also plays a solid defensive game, and is already strong in the faceoff circle. His positioning is very strong, and he supports the defence well in defending down low. He kills penalties, cuts down passing lanes, and shows a willingness to block shots. Harkins takes pride in playing a two-hundred foot game, and never seems to take a shift off. He has the hockey IQ to read and anticipate plays, creating turnovers with a quick stick and quickly moving the puck and transitioning to offence.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/04/30/2015-nhl-draft-profile-30-jansen-harkins/

Sounds like our 3rd/4th line center of the future.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I am waiting for the announcement of Jansen Harkins signing his ELC. I WANT HIM TO TAKE Roslovics spot on the Moose for this weekend's game.

I do not understand why the Jets TAKE so long to sign their prospects. This deal could have been done in early March before the WHL playoffs.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Looks like he was demoted to the ECHL.

It was discussed in the Moose thread. Pascal Vincent said he was sent to play a specific number of games before being recalled. Wanted him to play more minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad