Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
how does it feel to get swept by them?

u losers cant win anything with the best player in the world LOL

Really?
Well.... now if we looked back I think you'd find that not exactly true. Actually it is quite the opposite

And Van has won... what again?

Shibumi

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Canucks fans and Edmonton fans are equally annoying, and I'm a Canucks fan lmao.

Either way I hope whoever wins this series goes onto the cup finals. I don't even care anymore, it's been 30+ years since a Canadian won. I just want Canada to win it for once.
I agree.

Whichever team is left after this series is going to have a very stiff challenge of whichever team makes it out of the Central though.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This thread is entertaining. I’ll give this series this - the animosity between Canadian team fanbases is very tangible and immediate. There’s definitely nothing manufactured about the testiness here.

If these teams play like with the heart of their fanbases - this is gonna be one hell of a fun series.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
They contained him pretty well in all those 4 regular season games, especially the 8-1 game that Caused Oilers to go on a long losing streak and lose confidence lol?

Much like your season, an outlier and a fluke.

You're just Winnipeg the sequel. Accidented your way to the 2nd round.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
This thread is entertaining. I’ll give this series this - the animosity between Canadian team fanbases is very tangible and immediate. There’s definitely nothing manufactured about the testiness here.

If these teams play like with the heart of their fanbases - this is gonna be one hell of a fun series.

Agree
And I'm only responding and being a prick to some posters because I can't believe how fast this all escalates!

I hope the series is great - I hate every team besides my own so F the Canada thing but I am sad one of us will be out after

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Don't see why Canucks wouldn't be the huge favourites here. Ran away with the division and swept the season series.

That being said, this series does have 2022 Flames potential. Oilers are underdogs and all the pressure to win is on Canucks. Should be a good series, interesting to see which team will get better goaltending.

Well, for starters (no pun intended), their top two goalies are out. I know Silovs has been great but this will be a tough ask of him.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I honestly always get Singh and the other guy confused all the time, I just assume they are both local Oilers guys

Who is the one that goes "The pleasure was alllllll ours"?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Canucks have a shutdown line that beat the heck out of ROR and Forsberg. So McDavid might not have that easy of a time if he is forced to defend with drysaddle and nurse on the same ice
Yes, defending against those guys is exactly the same as defending against McDavid.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Nashville laid 167 hits, average of 28 hits a game.
LA laid 212 hits, average of 42 a game.
Edmonton had an intensely physical series.

I think that's really understating the overall physicality of the VAN-NSH series. While also highlighting a big factor that differentiates the two opponents as well.

The sheer amount of battling and grinding and shot blocking and was extremely high in the Preds series. The "hits" numbers are often misleading, and in many instances, more indicative of a team chasing the play than anything else. The Canucks-Preds series was extremely structured and everything was played super "close to the vest". There was very little "running around for hits" on either end. There were just fierce battles for every puck, all game long, every game. Zero open ice to play in.

That discipline to play a physical grinding game, without necessarily chasing all the big hits...is where the Canucks (or Preds even) line up as a tougher matchup for Edmonton than the Kings. LA tried to clog the game up with brute force and physicality rather than pure structure. Got them into big penalty trouble at key moments and that basically dusted them.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
This from a fan of POS Petey
AHL

Hughes is kind of a pu**y.
He's a good D but we'll see if he wilts after the second time he's plastered to the boards

Yeah SNO cause that's where Oiler games are broadcast on. Christ
And you can have Shithouse AND Singh. Just another F U to Edmonton that all 16 teams get there home announcer except us. Sadled with bullshit.

Really?
Well.... now if we looked back I think you'd find that not exactly true. Actually it is quite the opposite

And Van has won... what again?

Not sure I understand

Is this something like the 7th man banner you losers had to take down?

Think so? Maybe watch ONE game.
Pace yourself, my guy! It's early days! :laugh:

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
LA tried to do the same but Edmonton was just faster to the pucks and just as physical.

LA tried to do to Edmonton what Nashville did to Vancouver but Edmonton just handled it better. It was a heavy hitting hard hitting bad blood series.

Are you kidding, the first game LA was allowing passes + 2nd shots through the slot like they dressed their AHL team for a pre-season game. And in other moments in the series after.

Nashville did a much better job around the guts of the ice than LA did, and to EDM's credit some of that has to do with McDavid's speed/their top end dynamism, but it wasn't just McDavid that generated tap-ins against LA.

Nashville played much more connected defensively than LA did, you have to give them credit. Basically the only times in the series Nashville wasn't perfect around their crease VAN scored game winning goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad