Confirmed with Link: Winnipeg Jets Re-Sign Nathan Beaulieu - 1 Year - $1M

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Probably

Morrissey - Pionk
Beaulieu - Buff
Kulikov - Poolman/Niku

Personally I'd PB Kuli and play Poolman - Niku or vice versa, but Mo's gonna trust his vets. I just hope Beaulieu plays ahead of Kulikov.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Probably

Morrissey - Pionk
Beaulieu - Buff
Kulikov - Poolman/Niku

Personally I'd PB Kuli and play Poolman - Niku or vice versa, but Mo's gonna trust his vets. I just hope Beaulieu plays ahead of Kulikov.

I want to see:

Niku - Buff
Morrissey - Pionk
Beaulieu - Kulikov

Swap 83 and 5 as needed.

Is it perfect? No, but it has the potential to be as good as Pittsburgh's '16 championship team.

Reactions: Cypruss

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
meh signing but expected.

I thought it was said Plinko was miscast as a first pairing d-man in New York and that is one of the reasons he looked as bad as he did. I sure hope he is not placed on the top pairing. I think that will be a disaster.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
What's scary about the D is injuries. Every year we lose guys on D to injury. What would happen if Morrissey and Buf go down with injuries like last year. At least last year we had Trouba and Myers.
Season is over.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
meh signing but expected.

I thought it was said Plinko was miscast as a first pairing d-man in New York and that is one of the reasons he looked as bad as he did. I sure hope he is not placed on the top pairing. I think that will be a disaster.
True he was miscast as a first pairing d-man but his partner was equivalent to Mark Stuart.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Meh, depth is good. If he's on the ice for game 1 I'll reasses

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well on the bright side teams have won cups with bad D cores, our great D core won nothing, this is now a puck moving and zone exit league, Our Ds last year were awful at it.

Correct. Two seasons ago our D core was really good with JT-Josh then Enstrom-Buff crushing it on the second pair. Last season our D struggled with key injuries and our forwards sucked defensively and comparatively we struggled 5v5.

This upcoming season our D core looks like an adventure at best so far but the off season is young. Shows how dynamic change can be in a cap world.

Reactions: dratbunnies

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Morrissey-Pionk
Beaulieu-Buff
Kulikov-Niku

On the surface it sounds cringeworthy, however, Morrissey will improve, Pionk and Niku should improve. It is up to them to take huge steps forward in their development and hope that Byfuglien does not regress, and Beaulieu/Kulikov play better.
Poolman is going to be in the mix. To be honest, I think he was better a better option than Myers the past two seasons but didn't get the opportunity and had injury issues. If he's healthy I think he could be okay.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Poolman is going to be in the mix. To be honest, I think he was better a better option than Myers the past two seasons but didn't get the opportunity and had injury issues. If he's healthy I think he could be okay.

I 100% agree. I think Poolman could have a decent season with a guy like Niku.

Reactions: Cypruss

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just has to be solid. Doesn’t need to be spectacular. Worry about clean zone exits and in zone coverage/positioning.

Yea I am not expecting miracles but he looked outstanding on the Moose at times last season. If he is healthy I think he can play a clean game at the next level.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Some other posters have mentioned that some of these guys are injury prone. The top three d are injury prone. I don't remember Morrissey playing a full 80 games and we know about Buff's age and Kulikov.

Imagine this defence with Buff and Kulikov injured. There is at least a 50/50 chance it happens.

Alexis Lafreniere...

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Some other posters have mentioned that some of these guys are injury prone. The top three d are injury prone. I don't remember Morrissey playing a full 80 games and we know about Buff's age and Kulikov.

Imagine this defence with Buff and Kulikov injured. There is at least a 50/50 chance it happens.

Alexis Lafreniere...
Morrissey hadn't missed a single game due to injury before this past season...

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Morrissey hadn't missed a single game due to injury before this past season...
Yea but he doesn't remember him playing a full season so he must be right, because it's not like it is easy to see games played online or anything.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Beaulieu staying with Jets, Tanev and Myers move on: Defenceman takes one year deal for bigger opportunity

“It was more or less being in Winnipeg and getting that opportunity that I feel like I haven’t really had the last couple years,” said Beaulieu. “We were pretty vocal with each other right after the season ended. Both thought it was as good spot for me to be in. Obviously, with the cap number and how tight it is these days, for me, it wasn’t about the money. It was more about getting this opportunity to revamp my game and re-establish myself as the player than I think I can become.”

“He fits the style of play that we play,” Cheveldayoff said on Monday afternoon. “There was really good continuity right from the get-go with the coaches, there’s a lot of trust level with him. He played a big role, stepping in right away when Josh Morrissey was hurt. He came in and fit in seamlessly on the ice, fit seamlessly off the ice. Again, I think it’s a good opportunity for him to play in a system that works for him with coaches, I think, he believes in and believe in him and an opportunity for him to take his game to the next level.”

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Beaulieu getting the Morrow spot is definitely an upgrade there so that's nice for sure. Didn't expect he'd sign for such a low dollar so nice job there!

Reactions: GNP and Jack722

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm not impressed with what I saw from Beaulieu, but I guess he's a good filler inner type guy. He has no "slapper" from the point, and rarely rushes the net, something I like to see from defenceman.

Would have liked to see the Jets pick up Tyson Barrie from Colorado,as he has great stats.

We're going to need a solid right defenceman -hope Chevy can work his magic here. Big hole to fill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad