Confirmed with Link: Winnipeg Jets Re-Sign Nathan Beaulieu - 1 Year - $1M

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yawn - well I haven't been impressed with this guy, so I'll file it away in the "it's not bad category."

The Jets are going to need a proven, solid upper middle defenseman on the right side, or they will be in trouble.

Reactions: Razzle71

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Yawn - well I haven't been impressed with this guy, so I'll file it away in the "it's not bad category."

The Jets are going to need a proven, solid upper middle defenseman on the right side, or they will be in trouble.
That might be wishful thinking based on our cap situation.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This is a great deal. Beaulieu can easily spot in in the top 4 as an injury replacement. Hopefully the team isn't considering him a top 4 regular though. 1MM is a bit of a steal. Hopefully this 'show me' year helps motivate him to realize more of his promise - though I think the problems he has aren't really solvable (maybe maturity helps with it though)

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I bet this means Chiarot is about to be scooped up by another team.

Maybe Chiarot is negotiating with the Jets right now ? I hope so, but I'm more or less, counting on losing him. We need his size and grit, that we'll be lacking.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Good safe deal.......wonder if that's the plan this year to go with a hodgepodge defence & hope for the best & preach defensive play for the forwards. Wait for defence prospects to develop another year.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Good safe deal.......wonder if that's the plan this year to go with a hodgepodge defence & hope for the best & preach defensive play for the forwards. Wait for defence prospects to develop another year.

there certainly doesn't appear to be any other plan now.....not the worst..

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
That might be wishful thinking based on our cap situation.

Yes, your right, as our Cap situation is not good. If we can dump Perrault's contract, then we'll be cooking with gas.. I don't think any team would want him, at his current contract cost.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
so the defence next year is:

Morrissey-Buff
Kulikov-Plionk
Beaulieu-Niku

Very very weak....given how our division is loading up .....yikes.

Looking at that just makes me shudder.........Jets better install fire hoses at the ends of the rink because every period is going to be a tire fire in the defensive zone.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario

Agreed.

I know a lot of people are on the board of not doing anything and fine with accepting taking a step back. I just think it is beyond stupid and pointless... we do not need to take a step back. We need to trade Connor or Ehlers for a top 4 RHD. I think Chevy ruined the team he did a good job building in 1 year... a 2 year cup window and failing it is apparently enough for some people as long as we keep our nice young skilled forward toys to look nice in a rebuild.... but maybe Chevy tried and just could not get a good deal worth while? Who knows. If thats the case so be it. But if he has not tried everything to find a top 4 D.... to shed salary by buyout or trade (Kulikov, Perreault) then he has failed miserably. That defence is going to get torn apart

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Looking at that just makes me shudder.........Jets better install fire hoses at the ends of the rink because every period is going to be a tire fire in the defensive zone.
I see the D like this:

Morrissey-Pionk
Beaulieu-Buff
Kulikov-Niku

Reactions: Nedarb

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I see the D like this:

Morrissey-Pionk
Beaulieu-Buff
Kulikov-Niku

tenor.gif

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Beaulieu is nothing more than a 5/6 guy. He has 0 creativity with the puck. If we use him as a bottom pair guy I am ok with this. If we use him in the top 4, I am not.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad