Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Another assist tonight. Samberg has 7 points in his last 10 games.

This is going to be awesome for him and his development.

Liked how Chevy said that they felt the program at UMD was a very good fit for Samberg. The 3 coaches are former D and Chevy also said he played minor hockey with Jason Herter who is one of the coaches.

He made an impressive rise to making the WJC team as an 18 year old and played very well. Continuing with meaningful games and producing as well.

7 points in his last 10 games and his team is heading to the Frozen Four. Yea you throw in the great World Juniors and this has been a pretty big second half of the season for Samberg who was playing rural high school hockey last year at this time.

Lots to love about this prospect and I am pumped that he appears to be in an excellent program.

Reactions: Whileee and DRC

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
What are the odds that Samberg signs this summer? Could be a large crop of rookies joining the Moose with Green and Stanley in the mix too.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Possible coup? He signs with the Jets as an UFA. Is that allowable?

He’s got 1 year of eligibility left. He can’t be a UFA until Aug 15 2019. If he doesn’t sign with the Blues by then then they get our 2020 4th RD pick

Reactions: Guardian17

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
What are the odds that Samberg signs this summer? Could be a large crop of rookies joining the Moose with Green and Stanley in the mix too.
Highly unlikely imo.

He's in the best spot for at least one more year I believe. He has growth to go as a player and he should be a cornerstone for the US WJ team. The Jets like his situation at UMD, he's close to home, if he progresses as he has this year then I would expect a push to get signed to a pro contract.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Caught the game on Sunday. He was very good defensively that game. Played all the time against Guelphs big line which includes the hulking Ratcliffe and kept them pointless. He had some quality shots on net as well. Moved the puck well. Still needs to get his overall mobility better.

I think he is a 2 year AHL guy right now. We should know what we have after that.

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Caught the game on Sunday. He was very good defensively that game. Played all the time against Guelphs big line which includes the hulking Ratcliffe and kept them pointless. He had some quality shots on net as well. Moved the puck well. Still needs to get his overall mobility better.

I think he is a 2 year AHL guy right now. We should know what we have after that.
I still like the player! He will make it. In due time.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Since he didn't turn up to the trail to defend himself, we should probably take the statements and actions attributed to Olsen with a grain of salt. It seems a bit unbelievable that a guy who didn't get a QO and earned $385k over 4 years as an AHLer would be talking about all this money he's got. Who does he think he is? Evander Kane? :laugh:

It's like he has a money phone but it's just a few rolls of quarters taped together.

Edit:

"Yeah....it's a flip phone. Heads or tails?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Gm0ney

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Looks like our former boy, Ryan Olsen, decided to get cocky at a house party, push a woman, then punch a random dude in the face. Glad he's not part of the organisation anymore.

Well, as sordid as the details are, we're only hearing from one side - and they're definitely motivated to make him look like as much of an jerk as possible. I know some people's heads are pretty far up their own asses, but come on... :laugh:

Wizard204

Feb 14, 2018
Well, as sordid as the details are, we're only hearing from one side - and they're definitely motivated to make him look like as much of an jerk as possible. I know some people's heads are pretty far up their own asses, but come on... :laugh:
Well he had his chance to prove his side of the story and decided to no show up. Just by doing that shows that he was either guilty or too much of an idiot to not show up for court.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

True, it's only one side of the story, but Olson didn't tell his side of the story, and he had multiple chances to. He didn't show up to this latest hearing, which automatically awarded the settlement to the person accusing him. If I were accused of assault and battery, I would defend myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad