Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No.

He has performed well at 23 years old, but the rest of his career was nothing special.

At 18:
Copp - 21 points in 38 games (.6 per game)
Seuss - Not in the NCAA

At 19:
Copp - 29 points in 33 games (.9 per game)
Seuss - Not in the NCAA

At 20:
Copp - 31 points in 36 games (.9 per game)
Seuss - 21 points in 37 games (.6 per game)

At 21:
Copp - In the NHL
Seuss - 25 points in 41 games (.6 per game)

At 22:
Copp - In the NHL
Seuss - 31 points in 39 games (.8 per game)

At 23:
Copp - In the NHL
Seuss - 43 points in 39 games (1.1 per game)

Copp was as productive at 18 as Suess was at 21.
Copp was a productive at 19 as Suess was at 22.

Copp is also bigger, faster and IMO has higher hockey sense.

Age makes a difference, no argument. When Suess was 18 & 19 he was performing quite well in the USHL but we don't have direct comparisons there.

There are such things as late bloomers. Suess has performed well for the last 6 years, though often against players younger than him. Everything I've seen on him indicates that he is a smart player. How that will translate remains to be seen.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Age makes a difference, no argument. When Suess was 18 & 19 he was performing quite well in the USHL but we don't have direct comparisons there.

There are such things as late bloomers. Suess has performed well for the last 6 years, though often against players younger than him. Everything I've seen on him indicates that he is a smart player. How that will translate remains to be seen.
He's an okay prospect and I hope he signs, but "outproduced Copp" was flat out wrong.

He has finally topped Copp's 19 year old season at age 23.Meanwhile Copp is playing very well in his third NHL season.

Reactions: Whileee

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No.

He has performed well at 23 years old, but the rest of his career was nothing special.

At 18:
Copp - 21 points in 38 games (.6 per game)
Seuss - Not in the NCAA

At 19:
Copp - 29 points in 33 games (.9 per game)
Seuss - Not in the NCAA

At 20:
Copp - 31 points in 36 games (.9 per game)
Seuss - 21 points in 37 games (.6 per game)

At 21:
Copp - In the NHL
Seuss - 25 points in 41 games (.6 per game)

At 22:
Copp - In the NHL
Seuss - 31 points in 39 games (.8 per game)

At 23:
Copp - In the NHL
Seuss - 43 points in 39 games (1.1 per game)

Copp was as productive at 18 as Suess was at 21.
Copp was a productive at 19 as Suess was at 22.

Copp is also bigger, faster and IMO has higher hockey sense.
If Seuss is close to Copp in quality and potential, he'd be a very valuable piece in the organization. Copp is a good NHLer.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

He is a smart player. So was Scott Parse. If you don't remember him eliteprospects him. He had a very similar career to Suess, I see lots of comparables in their games (Suess has bit more feistiness, Parse had a little more skill) . He flamed out (injuries did play a part though). Late bloomers is playing against the odds. Suess is a decent prospect but don't oversell him. His career likely caps out like De Leo's, he has a very outside chance of getting a Perreault like career. That's what happens.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He is a smart player. So was Scott Parse. If you don't remember him eliteprospects him. He had a very similar career to Suess, I see lots of comparables in their games (Suess has bit more feistiness, Parse had a little more skill) . He flamed out (injuries did play a part though). Late bloomers is playing against the odds. Suess is a decent prospect but don't oversell him. His career likely caps out like De Leo's, he has a very outside chance of getting a Perreault like career. That's what happens.

I don't think I'm overselling him in the slightest. I have very modest hopes for him and practically no expectations at all. I only responded to somebody whose hopes for him were extremely low, IMO. I won't be surprised if he doesn't sign with us. If he signs with us, I won't be surprised if he never plays 10 games in the NHL. But I hope he can become a worthwhile asset, in one way or another.

If that is overselling then there is no reason we should even be discussing him. He should never be offered a contract. If that is overselling him then what the heck was Chevy doing ever drafting him in the first place? What a waste of a 5th round pick! :sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Seuss is close to Copp in quality and potential, he'd be a very valuable piece in the organization. Copp is a good NHLer.

I never said anything else. I did not predict a Copp like future. I did not predict anything. Neither did I say it was impossible.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
In a few years time Winnipeg is going to be in major cap problems so managing your younger players , prospects will become more important than your core. Guys like Seuss will still be very valuable cause guys like Conner ,Rosco , Lowry are going to commanding bigger dollars down the load and we won't be able to afford it. So we will need replacements .

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
C5038_C88-170_D-460_A-_AE22-_AE66_CD72_F6_F9.jpg
Suess vs Samberg tonight. One of them will finish their season tonight

Game is on TSNGO

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
<snip></snip> Suess vs Samberg tonight. One of them will finish their season tonight

Game is on TSNGO

Would they be done done, or are there chances of them playing in later tournaments? I'm very unfamiliar with how the NCAA works.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Would they be done done, or are there chances of them playing in later tournaments? I'm very unfamiliar with how the NCAA works.

Yes the losing team is done. The tournament is now one game elimination just the the March madness. After this weekend there will only be four teams left standing

Reactions: Atoyot

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't think I'm overselling him in the slightest. I have very modest hopes for him and practically no expectations at all. I only responded to somebody whose hopes for him were extremely low, IMO. I won't be surprised if he doesn't sign with us. If he signs with us, I won't be surprised if he never plays 10 games in the NHL. But I hope he can become a worthwhile asset, in one way or another.

If that is overselling then there is no reason we should even be discussing him. He should never be offered a contract. If that is overselling him then what the heck was Chevy doing ever drafting him in the first place? What a waste of a 5th round pick! :sarcasm:

I read your post a little wrong. When I read it before it seemed like you were ignoring the age issue, the alcohol I had consumed probably affected my reading a bit haha.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Green misses first game of the playoffs. Missed the last few regular season games. Can't find anything on Twitter, anyone hear anything?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Where did Suess rank in the HF Jets prospects polls this fall?

In the summer vote polls he was not in the top20. For some reason the polls did not migrate with this forum so we can't see how many votes he received in the 21-25 leftovers poll

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Where did Suess rank in the HF Jets prospects polls this fall?

In the summer vote polls he was not in the top20. For some reason the polls did not migrate with this forum so we can't see how many votes he received in the 21-25 leftovers poll

In my personal ranking of our prospects I had him at 30th. I am honestly surprised that we're even talking about signing him, but I haven't watched him this year and by all accounts he's improved.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Jordy Stallard 2+1 in their game 1 upset of Moose Jaw.

Guy had a pretty decent season. Will the Jets sign him? or will he go the way of Matteo Gennaro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad