Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Poolman is RD right?
This opens a door for him when Trouba is gone.

Shoots right, but has played a lot of LD, as far as I know.

I think he's a real prospect.

I am a bit concerned that he could refuse to sign with the Jets and become a UFA next summer.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014

I am a bit concerned that he could refuse to sign with the Jets and become a UFA next summer.

We have the leverage of giving him a few games at the end of the seasons worth of NHL Salary and an ~80k signing bonus to take home at the end of March. If he signs elsewhere it's out of our cards, so I'm not worrying about it.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

The better his season the greater that risk becomes. OTOH if he has a poor season, do we care?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

I haven't noticed him play LD?

First season he played out of position with a lot of RW, but he's been almost exclusively RD as far as I know. Left side on PP for one-timers but that's like all PP's that have 2 D on the ice.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

First season he played out of position with a lot of RW, but he's been almost exclusively RD as far as I know. Left side on PP for one-timers but that's like all PP's that have 2 D on the ice.

For the last about half of the year last year he was playing top pairing LHD.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Yeah, I'm not insanely worried about whether Tucker Poolman follows other drafted prospects out of the NCAA into UFA or not. We know that the chances of an impactful NHLer doing that are marginal at best, so in all likelihood he would max out as a bottom pairing defenseman who can fill in on the middle pairing. He would basically be a taller Paul Postma. Not a big loss by any margin.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yeah I am not confident he signs with us. In my head I am already assuming he is going the UFA route, if he signs, it will be a pleasant surprise

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Thanks. I haven't seen him much on UND. Jets had him playing LD a fair bit in Development Camp.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Looks like top pair RD according to last night's line chart

image.jpg

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

His coach doesn't think so

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Looks like top pair RD according to last night's line chart

image.jpg

He is now, but last year there was a logjam on RD so they had him on LD.

I love the pronunciation guide for some of the players on there.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
His coach doesn't think so

My favourite part is that he doesn't say NHLer, he says Jet. I'm not concerned with Tucker going UFA, he's always said he intends on coming here but he wanted to play his last year with his brother. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
With Trouba bailing, Kostalek regressing and Postma being UFA, there's a clear opportunity for Poolman to have a future here. I hope he sees it that way too.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I keep a prospect schedule for myself so I know what to look for every day for my YT channel. Might be useful for you guys if you want to know who is playing every day.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XaeUjNP7wBpyIZNJQjlT89NQOpKf3Zaxac1SkzBG4D8

I trust y'all but I protected the sheets anyway. ;) There's also prospect stats going back to 13-14 right now and I plan to get that back to 11-12.

Thanks for this spreadsheet. I think I'm going to try watching Saint Johns games this season for Green. Could be his breakout year with Murphy moving on. Here's hoping that Chabot makes the Sens team to allow Green to be the #1 on Saint Johns

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Haha whoops, try again.

Where do you find the time to do all this with work, family and having a life?

I am surprised how the majority of you posters really have the time to keep track of it all for in order for me to get that in-depth I would need to be divorced, retired, lots of money and have all the time in the world that I would need to do what you all do and that is not the case for me at all... so I applauded :handclap: you all for your hard work, dedication and your love of our game.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad