Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
You just don't get it! Have you ever seen a SC winner with 4 dangerous scoring lines!? Clearly some of the best players should be left at home because they aren't 3rd liners on their home team.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You just don't get it! Have you ever seen a SC winner with 4 dangerous scoring lines!? Clearly some of the best players should be left at home because they aren't 3rd liners on their home team.

Romang sighting, where have you been? Is it getting too negative on our board with this bad season or is California messing with your priorities? :sarcasm:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Romang sighting, where have you been? Is it getting too negative on our board with this bad season or is California messing with your priorities? :sarcasm:

My hours this semester led to me not getting home until 11pm Central Time. That's mostly the reason. Then I went east for a couple of weeks right after finals.

I'll be here until spring semester starts though!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
So, if i'm interpreting these player of the tournament awards correctly, Kraskovsky is better than Kamenev and Spacek is better than Pasternak.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

You can't build a team of all skill players. You need role players to play roles. Because hockey is not a game of statistics like goals. It's not like it is a contest where the team with the most goals wins.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Harkins scored in the 1 st periods last night to tie the game a 1-1 against Kamloops. Game went to a shoot out tied at 3-3. No one scored until the 4 th round when the Cougars won. Harkins was denied in his shoot out attempt in the third round.
Harkins now has 9 goals and 32 points in 37 games. I was hoping for a better season from him offensively. I am glad we did not take him with our 25 th OA pick like the broadcasters were predicted on draft day and picked Roslovic instead.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Speaking of Appleton. Michigan State plays Michigan twice this weekend in a home and home and both games are televised. So Connor vs Appleton

Friday 5:30pm CT TSN2
Saturday 6:00pm CT BTN

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
http://www.uscho.com/2016/01/06/nort...r-hca-laurels/

Connor named rookie of the month for the NCAA.

"Connor led the nation with seven goals and 13 points in six games during the month of December, averaging 2.17 points per game in that span. He registered at least one point in all six games, including four multi-point games.

For the season, the Winnipeg Jets’ prospect leads the nation’s freshmen in points per game (1.47), goals per game (0.71) and points (25). His overall average of 1.47 points per game this season is the most by a Michigan freshman since the 1979-1980 season."

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
http://www.uscho.com/2016/01/06/nort...r-hca-laurels/

Connor named rookie of the month for the NCAA.

"Connor led the nation with seven goals and 13 points in six games during the month of December, averaging 2.17 points per game in that span. He registered at least one point in all six games, including four multi-point games.

For the season, the Winnipeg Jets’ prospect leads the nation’s freshmen in points per game (1.47), goals per game (0.71) and points (25). His overall average of 1.47 points per game this season is the most by a Michigan freshman since the 1979-1980 season."

I think someone forgot to consult with US Junior Hockey on this. ;)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think someone forgot to consult with US Junior Hockey on this. ;)

Connor hasn't taken any penalties this season, which shows that he's not "gritty" enough to play in a big tournament like that. We all know that taking penalties is an important key to success in the WJHC, just ask Jake Virtanen and Dave Lowry. :sarcasm:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Lemieux still scoring goals :handclap:

Edit: finished with a pair tonight

Last edited:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Lemieux with 2 goals last night.

Lemieux now has 22 goals and 31 points in 20 games this year......:handclap:

I'm still reluctant to believe he will make a successful transition from Jr to Pro, but is he ever having a run of goal-scoring for the last 2 years!

If only he could find a way to play his style without going over the line, and keep some of that offensive flair, he'll be a dang good one. Personally, I remain unconvinced.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I think the Jets should try and sign Phillips to back up Commrie for the Moose next year and the Poolman @ the UND at the end of the college season.

Connor and Roslovic should mature in College for another year.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think the Jets should try and sign Phillips to back up Commrie for the Moose next year and the Poolman @ the UND at the end of the college season.

Connor and Roslovic should mature in College for another year.

I disagree. Get Connor, Roslovic and Appleton on the Moose if you can next year. The quicker we get them playing with the rest of our prospects the better.
The Moose could be a dominant team in the A next year with those guys. IMO the AHL is a better place to develop your pro game than College, though College is much better than Junior.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm still reluctant to believe he will make a successful transition from Jr to Pro, but is he ever having a run of goal-scoring for the last 2 years!

If only he could find a way to play his style without going over the line, and keep some of that offensive flair, he'll be a dang good one. Personally, I remain unconvinced.

His goal scoring is really the least of my concerns with him. He scores goals by being very good in the paint and has excellent hand eye for tipping. Given his size and strength I don't see him having a lot of trouble getting to those spots as a pro. I don't expect him to be an elite scorer but I don't think 15-25 goals per year would be out of line depending on how he's used.

I'm much more concerned with his all around game and his lack of discipline.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Lemieux has fourth liner minimum written all over him. Whether or not he can continue to develop into something better remains to be seen, but if he knocks off the dirty stuff there is absolutely nothing from what i've seen that tells me he isnt going to be on our fourth line in 2 years.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lemieux has fourth liner minimum written all over him. Whether or not he can continue to develop into something better remains to be seen, but if he knocks off the dirty stuff there is absolutely nothing from what i've seen that tells me he isnt going to be on our fourth line in 2 years.

Lemieux has 63 goals in his last 76 OHL games (over the past 2 seasons). That's very good production, however you slice it.

If he plays with discipline, I think he'll definitely be an NHLer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad