Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg

They go on to say he got the misconduct for something regarding one of the helmets.. I'm sure it'll be clarified after the game.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't know Channelcat I have liked what I have seen from him but for whatever reason Cooper disagrees with me :laugh:. My guess is he isn't defensively responsible enough because what I have seen from his O is special IMO. Perhaps behind closed doors Jon and Jon don't mesh.

Stamkos doesn't seem to fit with Cooper either. He has a problem with outstanding offensively talented players? I might start doubting Cooper.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Roslovic with a goal and an assist. First game since being snubbed by Hockey USA

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
I saw on twitter it said both players ended up helmetless.. Maybe this is a no-no in the OHL? I didn't watch but twitter accounts made it sound like a pretty basic hockey fight.

New look Red Deer is dismantling the best team in the WHL right now.

Yeah, this is ugly.

e: Nogier +5 with 1g 2a!

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Of all our current CHL/NCAA/overseas prospects, who could we see join the Moose next season?

Poolman, Phillips, Nogier, Lemieux, Spacek? Maybe more..

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
Of all our current CHL/NCAA/overseas prospects, who could we see join the Moose next season?

I could see Poolman going back to school for his Junior season, sign at the end of the year so we don't lose his rights (correct?).

No need to rush Phillips, could stay in school another year.

Nogier - comes to camp, but would he make the team?

Lemieux will definitely be on the Moose next year, unless he makes the big club.

Spacek will probably go back to junior, but would possibly make the Moose out of camp.

?Niku - I'd imagine he stays in Europe.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg

Don't Lemieux and Spacek still have junior eligibility left ? I don't think their eligible for the AHL yet.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Don't Lemieux and Spacek still have junior eligibility left ? I don't think their eligible for the AHL yet.

This is Lemieux's draft +2 year, he won't be back for an overage year.

Spacek is an unusual case, he wasn't actually drafted out of the CHL so my understanding is that the rules about CHL eligibility don't apply even though he's playing there now. The Jets may send him back though. He's good but can still benefit from another year in Junior.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Spacek was not drafted out of the CHL, so he could theoretically play for the Moose this year, if he had a contract.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
This is Lemieux's draft +2 year, he won't be back for an overage year.

Spacek is an unusual case, he wasn't actually drafted out of the CHL so my understanding is that the rules about CHL eligibility don't apply even though he's playing there now. The Jets may send him back though. He's good but can still benefit from another year in Junior.

Thanks. After a hot start in the CHL, Spacek is "only" on a point a game pace. I agree another year of junior would be good for him before the AHL.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Thanks. After a hot start in the CHL, Spacek is "only" on a point a game pace. I agree another year of junior would be good for him before the AHL.

Spacek has already played nearly a full season against men when he played for HC Dynamo Pardubice in the Czech Extraliga (after being promoted from the Pardubice U20 team). I think it is more likely that the Jets sign him soon and start him in the AHL next season. He probably doesn't need to go back to junior considering that he has already proven himself able to compete against men.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg

I'd be kinda interested in seeing video of that fight.. He removed his opponents helmet? Sounds weird..

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Spacek has already played nearly a full season against men when he played for HC Dynamo Pardubice in the Czech Extraliga (after being promoted from the Pardubice U20 team). I think it is more likely that the Jets sign him soon and start him in the AHL next season. He probably doesn't need to go back to junior considering that he has already proven himself able to compete against men.

Spacek isn't exactly tearing up the WHL. He is scoring at a PPG pace which is good but that doesn't mean he has nothing left to prove in the WHL. I would personally send him back to the WHL next season and let him dominate if he can, wouldn't put him in our dumpster fire AHL team unless he ends the season with >1.5 PPG

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Next year guys that will turn pro:

Jamie Phillips - Has 4 years of college and will be 23
Nelson Nogier - I doubt he plays his over age year
Brendan Lemieux - Same as Nogier

Guys that might turn pro:

Kyle Connor - Just that damn good
Tucker Poolman - Will be 23 with 2 years of college, Garret said previously that the Jets wanted him to turn pro last summer
Michael Spacek - Is eligible for the AHL and will likely play there

Next seasons graduating class likely won't even be half as good as this years. I'm pretty sure Kraskovsky is under contract for a while, and who knows about guys like Glover, Niku, Karlstrom, etc..

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Spacek isn't exactly tearing up the WHL. He is scoring at a PPG pace which is good but that doesn't mean he has nothing left to prove in the WHL. I would personally send him back to the WHL next season and let him dominate if he can, wouldn't put him in our dumpster fire AHL team unless he ends the season with >1.5 PPG

Tearing up a junior league is not a prerequisite to play pro hockey. Some players only shine when playing with players of comparable talent. It is more likely that he will be more challenged by playing against men again (after already having done so) than by benefiting statistically from simply being older than a vast majority of his competition in junior next year.

You develop by facing challenge, not by scoring more points simply because you are older than 85% of the balance of the league. The AHL is a developmental league; it is where he belongs after already having played against men.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Lukas Sutter this season: 40 gp, 10 points, 156 penalty minutes

ECHL Goon :help:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Kraskovski just scored a nice greasy goal against the US

Troub North

Dec 20, 2013
Toronto
US knocked out by Russia. Looks like they could have used a bit more firepower. They had 5 forwards with 1 point each; 2 forwards with 2 points each; and 6 forwards with at least 5 points. I'm pretty sure that either Connor or Roslovic would have been an upgrade over anyone on their bottom six.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It's like Christmas all over again for Leafs fans on the main WJC board as they get to revel in Ron Wilson's failure... :laugh:

Yeah, Team USA was decent - gotta wonder if a little scoring pop in the form of Connor would've made the difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad