GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 3:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Malkin hasn't played a great game by any means but his mere presence as threat has freed up Kessel and Hagelin to run wild this game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Malkin hasn't played a great game by any means but his mere presence as threat has freed up Kessel and Hagelin to run wild this game.

Watch the replay. Instead of staying with Kessel, Buff actually stepped out to push Malkin into the corner.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean

This is so true. That so called chemistry we saw between Phil and Hags was non-existent during the time Geno was out. Now he's back, and the chemistry is there again.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
which happens all the time. It will be huge if his line can score while it happens.

Yep. Winnipeg is focusing on him. Will love when he's fully got the game legs back and starts wheeling back to support the breakout and then opens things further for Hagelin and Kessel.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Watch the replay. Instead of staying with Kessel, Buff actually stepped out to push Malkin into the corner.

Yep, that's the kind of stuff I mean. Hell look how closely Sid gets checked. It's not a coincidence that we spend all game cursing Kunitz and it seems rare in comparison that Sid has the puck with space. It's because teams spend all day watching Sid and are content to let Kunitz and Horny have the space.

Well if you do that with Malkin, Kessel has the ability to make you pay. And Hagelin isn't so unskilled either.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yep, that's the kind of stuff I mean. Hell look how closely Sid gets checked. It's not a coincidence that we spend all game cursing Kunitz and it seems rare in comparison that Sid has the puck with space. It's because teams spend all day watching Sid and are content to let Kunitz and Horny have the space.

Well if you do that with Malkin, Kessel has the ability to make you pay. And Hagelin isn't so unskilled either.

This is why I really wish Bennett could ever stay healthy. I think he's the next best wing on the team for creating offense without the center.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

You know, dumb penalty aside, Malkin's stick work has been excellent. He's winning the physical battles. As I said, when he gets the game legs back . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad