new_heritage_400x400.jpg

THANK YOU!!! :handclap:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Added both.

heritage_oldlogo_blue.jpg
heritage_newlogo_blue_rednumbers.jpg

These are really great, I can't decide if I like the white or the red numbering better, the white seems to go more. The single red circle around the logo of the blue jersey throws me off though, the white jersey has the benefit of the thicker blue circle and then the red to add some depth. It gets washed out in the blue one making the red circle look kind of thin.

Great job though.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
These are really great, I can't decide if I like the white or the red numbering better, the white seems to go more. The single red circle around the logo of the blue jersey throws me off though, the white jersey has the benefit of the thicker blue circle and then the red to add some depth. It gets washed out in the blue one making the red circle look kind of thin.

Great job though.

Definitely red for me. I see your point about the red/grey circle but i think it is one colour too many. You can't have too much colour but you can have too many colours. I wonder what a very thin white line around the red circle would look like - just to set it off.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Definitely red for me. I see your point about the red/grey circle but i think it is one colour too many. You can't have too much colour but you can have too many colours. I wonder what a very thin white line around the red circle would look like - just to set it off.

Agree, too many colours starts to look clownish. That little white piping around the red circle might work, similar to how it is with the red numbers.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agree, too many colours starts to look clownish. That little white piping around the red circle might work, similar to how it is with the red numbers.

Yah, that's what I was thinking of. Would give it that depth you missed.

Love these uniforms. I have never disliked the current ones but these are far more exciting.

Nicos

Dec 14, 2016
My favourite would be the heritage jerseys to be the primary. Or even the heritage jerseys with the new era logo.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

I think the current grey around the logo might work fine if they carry forward the 'wings' patches to the heritage style jerseys since they also have grey in them. I also agree the red numbers with a white border would look better as there is already a lot of white on the blue jerseys since it has white shoulders. The red numbers would also look better with the red pants like the uniforms originally had in the WHA.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Those are really nice and very well done.

I recall from our earlier discussions about modding the jersey (I think in the Heritage Classic thread) that the roundel cannot/is unlikely to be modded in terms of coloration because of the association with the Canadian Air Force. I'm certainly not the expert on this, I just recall someone bringing it up and I'm sure that TNSE is going to be unlikely to take away from that association. So I don't know if the red/gray outer border would be allowed on a new uniform in that particular location.

The Wiki page for the roundels can be found here and shows no outer border. In the illustrations from Tiimu they certainly make it pop, I just don't know if it would fly.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I prefer the current Heritage Jerseys with the old logo. I also saw a mock jersey that combined the old and new logo and also had a bit of the Winnipeg skyline in it that I would pay to have TNSE use as the Jets primary logo. I'll try and find it when I get to my laptop.

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
I've never been a fan of the new logo, but in those pics by Tiimu it looks really good! Weird how the stripes and colors etc around it make such a big difference.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Those are really nice and very well done.

I recall from our earlier discussions about modding the jersey (I think in the Heritage Classic thread) that the roundel cannot/is unlikely to be modded in terms of coloration because of the association with the Canadian Air Force. I'm certainly not the expert on this, I just recall someone bringing it up and I'm sure that TNSE is going to be unlikely to take away from that association. So I don't know if the red/gray outer border would be allowed on a new uniform in that particular location.

The Wiki page for the roundels can be found here and shows no outer border. In the illustrations from Tiimu they certainly make it pop, I just don't know if it would fly.

I was the one who brought it up, contrasting the British RAF Roundel (blue ring, red circle in middle), which is the basis for the RCAF roundel, with the French Air Force roundel, which is a red ring with a blue circle in the middle.

I don't know about "can't" - the Jets and the Canadian Forces have an agreement about what the Jets can and can't do with the logo, but I don't know the particulars. But what I did say is it is unlikely to go, as it messes with the symbolism the Jets are trying to go with.

There's plenty (too much maybe?) or red going on in the uniforms you guys are suggesting - you can get by without a red ring around the logo.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I hate to be a downer, as it's nice work, but as buggs mentioned - the design of that roundel is based on the RCAF roundel, and it's very unlikely that they'd approve a red outer ring.

Here's the RCAF roundel:

180px-RCAF-Roundel.svg.png

Here's the Jets logo:

180px-Winnipeg_Jets_roundel.png

The roundel with a red outline is similar to the old US roundel used around or before WWII. It's not just a flavour thing - it was intentionally designed with a link to the RCAF roundel, so any designs would probably have to keep that as an element.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I hate to be a downer, as it's nice work, but as buggs mentioned - the design of that roundel is based on the RCAF roundel, and it's very unlikely that they'd approve a red outer ring.

Here's the RCAF roundel:

Here's the Jets logo:

The roundel with a red outline is similar to the old US roundel used around or before WWII. It's not just a flavour thing - it was intentionally designed with a link to the RCAF roundel, so any designs would probably have to keep that as an element.

But they've already made drastic alterations to the roundel - the blue circle is thinner and has the True North notch. The maple leaf is very different and mostly covered by a plane (and if we're talking about not messing with symbolism, this would have to be at the top of the Canadian-symbols-not-to-mess-with List). There's already a thin grey outer circle that's not present in the RCAF roundel. So all that stuff is completely fine but if you make that thin outer circle red that's over the line? That makes no sense...

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
Anyone else dislike the way the Heritage Jersey is cut? I don't know much about reebok's jersey templates, but the HC jersey is different from the Jets home and away.

I am really nitpicking here. The jersey is a beaut. It just feels like there is too much material in the arms and chest.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014

Here's the RCAF roundel:

Here's the Jets logo:

Personally I wasn't talking about replacing the blue ring with a red one, it's the secondary ring I was referring to. Because the blue ring on the dark jersey is the exact same shade as the jersey itself, it ends up just looking like it has a thin red circle on the outside of the logo. It needs something else to give it some depth, like Mort said maybe a little white outline. Perhaps it's just the picture though, it seems like the ring is part of the jersey when in fact it's part of the cresting on the current jersey. That in itself gives it a different appearance.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
But they've already made drastic alterations to the roundel - the blue circle is thinner and has the True North notch. The maple leaf is very different and mostly covered by a plane (and if we're talking about not messing with symbolism, this would have to be at the top of the Canadian-symbols-not-to-mess-with List). There's already a thin grey outer circle that's not present in the RCAF roundel. So all that stuff is completely fine but if you make that thin outer circle red that's over the line? That makes no sense...

Actually I'm pretty sure they HAD to mess with the maple leaf in the middle - a certain Toronto-based team is very protective of their ownership of that particular symbol in hockey.

Plus, they had to make some alterations to the roundel in order to make it their own - it the Jets just used the RCAF roundel unaltered they'd have to pay royalties to DND for every piece of apparel they sell.

So they had to make some alterations to the roundel before the Jets could use it, but what I don't think they want to do is make so many changes that it dramatically takes away from the original image.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I dunno. There's a bit too much going on and it looks very 'Team USA!!!' to me.

Just IMHO though. Subjective.

This team has a lot of Americans on it - almost as many as Canadians. Our prospect pipeline is full of them too...so let's me them feel welcome with a Red, White and Blue color scheme! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad