Winnipeg Jets Jersey discussions - Part I

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
No 3rd jerseys this year, and I expect any existing non-Adidas jerseys like the HC are now verboten.

I don't think the HC jerseys would be forbidden simply because they are non-Adidas. There are no 3rd jerseys league-wide this year but it doesn't mean the Jets couldn't have made the switch to the HC style of jerseys even with small alterations that applied to all teams. The jerseys of the O6 teams basically remained unchanged with the exception of the collars. The same thing could have been done with the Jets had they gone for a whole uniform change to that of the HC. Having seen the new Adidas jerseys for the various NHL teams, I have to say I am unimpressed with the way the collars look as they seem to take away from the overall appearance of the jersey. For some reason the collars are emphasized as a focal point when they shouldn't be.

I have to admit that every time I go into a JetsGear store or simply pass by and see the HC jerseys, I cannot help but think the Jets made a big mistake by not taking advantage of the popularity of the look and switching to them permanently. Seeing them side by side with our current jerseys solidifies my opinion more and more. Hopefully the Jets play will be much improved this season and distract me from thinking about their uniforms too much.

:jets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad