Moore back in 4 games

Klein has a contusion shouldn't be out long at all

Boyle will be back in 10 to 12 days or so

We aren't going to make a trade

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I also don't see why hayes can't be our 3c I've been impressed with him 95% of the time just as to work on faceoffs but when Stepan is back why would he not be our 3c?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would let MSL walk after this year. The end is near for him. He's a terrible board player. He can't score anymore. Really becoming disappointed in that trade. Cally and 1 first rounder was plenty. Sather got bent over.

And this is the wake up to a more typical policy of not building to the max, then letting the situation control us rather than the other way around.

It's too early (but not much too) to conclude Marty has nada left in the tank,
We got him, he was subpar, then par + into the POs.
I am hopeful this was just rust, esp. since there was this STUPID idea of putting him at C which proved a disaster.

Main thing, whether he stays or goes, is if he can help convince Stamkos to give us a try when his deal is finished soon.

The problem GENERALLY SPEAKING was less this deal in and of itself, but that people were not extended AND THEN DEALT AT A MAX CAUSE THEY WERE NOT RENTALS ANYMORE so we would still be within cap and have max assets to show for it.

While no one should think I mean Callahan should have been given that ridiculous # last year, guys could have been extended for less and flipped well before the last minute.

I am optimistic, but I hope you guys will now see and agree that I am correct, NHL talent is so large elsewhere, there is no choice but to max what we have, which means synergy, which means lines I've discussed.

If Marty (like others) is put on the less than optimal line, we will get back less than best possible results.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ps MSL blew the game had it on his stick in OT then doesn't score in the shootout either. This guy has to finish this is absurd we deserved 2 PTs last night

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Jets fan here. Sometimes you win games you deserve to lose and sometimes you lose games you deserve to win, that's hockey. If you guys play like that regularly and we play the way we did regularly it won't matter that we won last night, it'll be your team going to the playoffs and ours watching. Good game on your team's part, hoping it's more evenly matched next time we meet!

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
This will be a great time to face the Blues. Reaves, Ott, Lapierre and Backes will run around as usual.

12_funny+pictures-465x348.jpg

Keep them heads up.

Vickers8

I also don't see why hayes can't be our 3c I've been impressed with him 95% of the time just as to work on faceoffs but when Stepan is back why would he not be our 3c?

Love the way he stripped the puck from Byfuglien, very impressive play

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Love the way he stripped the puck from Byfuglien, very impressive play

That was freaking sick by Hayes... Thought for sure that was a goal incoming too...

I think he's the future 3C of this franchise IMO... I'd guess that managements hope is that Miller can eventually become a 2C, which would make brassard expendable... But that's not for another year or two.. so we'll see what happens.

I'd advocate moving Miller to LW, and keeping him alongside Hayes... Miller just needs less responsibility on the ice... He can play. I just don't think he can play center

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Id still set up like this

Kreider Stepan Nash
Duclair Brassard Zucc
Hagelin Hayes MSL
Glass Moore Stempniak

I know AV wants to go 20 21 26 and 61 16 36

But I still think the above gives is the best balance

Status