GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Anaheim Ducks - Honda Centre Jan 3 8:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Edmonton comparisons are silly. It's like thinking the worst possible situation will happen no matter what you do.
"We should do X."
"Well Edmonton did X and look what happened to them?"

Plenty of teams have blown up some of their core and returned to form a much better team a few years down the line.

Very few teams go to that extent though. Im not sure you are suggesting getting rid of our 5 or 6 best players. No teams do that. A couple, yes. Which could happen. All of them, no.

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011
Oh my god..... This power play is not WORKING, for the love of all that is good in the world change something!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Guess losing to the 2nd worse team in the Pacific division (I'm going to read a book and won't know till tomorrow if they pull out a win), after losing to the worst team in the Pacific (do I need to mention who in Alberta) is disgraceful to say the least.

.... :shakehead :help: :shakehead ....

You do realize the Ducks and Jets have basically the same point total right?

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Ladd, Buff and Enstrom IMO. Your same old tiring argument was exhausted when we made the playoffs and got swept.I guess we could go all in on this core right now and be much worse off 5 years down the road after making playoffs maybe once or twice and never making it passed the 1st/2nd round.
The question is do you want to just make the playoffs or do you actually want to be a contender? This core hasn't, won't and can't get it done. Time to move on.

So if we got rid of the "Atlanta core" is Scheifele, Trouba and Ehlers a good enough group to win a cup with in the future?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Very few teams go to that extent though. Im not sure you are suggesting getting rid of our 5 or 6 best players. No teams do that. A couple, yes. Which could happen. All of them, no.

I'm suggesting trading some of them over a period of time. You see what happens but hanging onto them until they begin to decline and then trying to build a contending team from 9th-16th draft picks won't get you far. We can do begin to move on from them this season or we go absolutely all in on this core. I'm saying the later would be a mistake. And just wading through mediocrity is also a mistake.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Don't see the purpose in discussing that of 5+ years ago
if the same players contributing to the then record are the same players contributing to the jets win loss record...yessss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad