GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Anaheim Ducks - Honda Centre Jan 3 8:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I think Scheifele is already eclipsing Little at the same age, Trouba is also eclipsing Buff in terms of production at the same age.
Ehlers is in the NHL producing comparably to Ladd who was a year older at the same age.
The older core we have is good but our younger core is much better IMO and will get better with time. If people don't think they will be then I don't know why they aren't rallying for them to be dealt while their value is high.

IMO not much of a difference. I love Scheif but don't really see him becoming much more then a prime Little... A good but not elite 1C... Inbetween 20-30 goals, 55-65 points year in and out... Ehlers may be similar to Wheeler... Trouba similar to Buff. I honestly don't think our young group will be much better.. Thats why you need a good mix of primed vets and good youngsters. SO many teams have better youth then us.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Wow, of all the **** shows going on tonight, you single out Wheeler? Give me a break.

Seriously? I singled out many guys a page or 2 ago. I am not blaming anything on him. He has had maybe 2-3 bad games this year. Hes an amazing player. Just pointing out a fact. Not big deal, its far from his fault. A bad game Wheeler is still one of our best

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
He's had some pretty bad turnovers. Doesn't mean he's the worst player. He's been one of our better players tonight. Says more about the team and the level Wheeler has been playing all year.

Unless for some reason you think unforced NZ turnovers is good hockey?

Just no need to make easily our best player all year any kind of whipping boy. Especially since he hasn't even been close to head clown tonight.

Derfel*

Okay i'll admit it the Ducks are a better team but they are a cheap ass team

Ducks bench can chuckle all they want - they aren't making the playoffs this year and Humpty Dumpty is going to get dumped for it.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
IMO not much of a difference. I love Scheif but don't really see him becoming much more then a prime Little... A good but not elite 1C... Inbetween 20-30 goals, 55-65 points year in and out... Ehlers may be similar to Wheeler... Trouba similar to Buff. I honestly don't think our young group will be much better.. Thats why you need a good mix of primed vets and good youngsters. SO many teams have better youth then us.

IMO it's not the depth its the core. Chicago and LA can confirm this with their numerous rings.
If Little is our #1C and barely a 55-60 point guy while never being a top 10 two-way center then we will never ever be a contender.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Okay i'll admit it the Ducks are a better team but they are a cheap ass team

Agreed, they have some nice players but Kesler makes me sick to the stomach. Nothing pisses me off more in hockey these days than to see Kesler get the satisfaction

Derfel*

Agreed, they have some nice players but Kesler makes me sick to the stomach. Nothing pisses me off more in hockey these days than to see Kesler get the satisfaction

Did I mention I like Kesler? Always have.

I'm so, so sorry.

:snide:

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
IMO it's not the depth its the core. Chicago and LA can confirm this with their numerous rings.
If Little is our #1C and barely a 55-60 point guy while never being a top 10 two-way center then we will never ever be a contender.

I don't see Scheifele ever being that either... It is tough to get that type of player..

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Chicago had Buff and Ladd as third liners with a defense that had Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, and Campbell as a top 4.

I think the KIngs even had Richards as a 3rd or 4th center at some point in their first cup.

It goes wayyyyy past the core.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't see Scheifele ever being that either... It is tough to get that type of player..

I see Scheif being a solid more offensively inclined Center than Little. Someone who is a great #2.
What we need is a top 10 two-way centerman to build a contender around and I'm actually perfectly fine with being a bad team until we get one.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Chicago had Buff and Ladd as third liners with a defense that had Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, and Campbell as a top 4.

I think the KIngs even had Richards as a 3rd or 4th center at some point in their first cup.

The Bruins in 2011 proved that depth can take you far... Mind you Krejci and Bergeron are good players. But the core of that team is no better then our core the past few years.... That team was loaded with depth, and well better goaltending

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

That's because those teams had a true core of players that were capable of driving the bus.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Does it? Chicago lost Buff and Ladd and managed to do just fine with some youngsters and a rotating wheel of depth players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad