Post-Game Talk: Winni wins against Minny - 2:0 Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If we somehow win in STL and COL and the LA CAL game is not a 3 point game then we clinch before saturdays game.

We would have 98 and the most the loser of the LA CAL game could get is 97

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I mean, obviously, but unfortunately the swede brings the average down quite a bit.

The other out of town boys really raise the bar back up though.

Am I right boys?!?

2ggiymE.gif

jetkarma*

I almost don't care who wins tomorrow (edit) er, whenever that game is, in a few days. Kings and Flames tied at 93 points / 79 games now. Both one point behind the Jets. So both are vulnerable, just one has to fall. As long as it's a clean win.

Yep. Nice to see somebody else feeling the OOT pain. :laugh:

LA loses clean they have 93 points with Ed and SJ , can end up with 97 points. Calgary would have 95 and play AZ , so should be at 97 before last game against us. We have 94 points if we don't get 2 points from St.L and Col , most we could end up with is 97 and lose tie breaker. We could get 2 points but also could not making the last game mean nothing.

LA wins clean , means Calgary could have a max of 95 points before Saturday . We win clean against them and were in , even with no other points from the prior two games. LA would have 95 , probably 97 after ED but play SJ which could beat LA on their final game , maybe not likely but possible. Much better scenarios for us .

jetkarma*

If we somehow win in STL and COL and the LA CAL game is not a 3 point game then we clinch before saturdays game.

LA clean tomorrow please. Much better for us imo .

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Had to quote you for my "quick thoughts" Sip, because you nailed it regarding Trouba.

Trouba was an absolute monster tonight defensively. I don't know (or care) what the fancy stats say, because he was in tough situations all night long (playing with Stuart and with some weak forward play). His defensive effort, physical play and simplicity with the puck were all top-drawer.

Scheifs and his line were a bit better tonight than recently, but I still want to see more from that line.

Little was almost invisible again. He's either still very rusty, or still injured. The Jets need him to be better in the next few games. Ladd is looking exhausted. Frolik still has a lot of energy.

Slater and line were relatively strong again. I liked Thorbs play tonight for the most part. Mostly made smart plays.

Loved Lowry's game, and Stempniak and Perreault were also good. Lowry is turning into a monster before our eyes.

Myers had a very strong game. So did Chiarot. I wish Chiarot had drawn in against the Rangers or Hawks, if he was ready. He is a cut above Pardy.

Harrison was actually alright tonight. Pardy was not. Other than on the PK, he can't manage an NHL game at this time of the season.

Pavs was excellent. His D were pretty solid at taking away second chances, but he was sharp at tracking the pucks. I guess Maurice was right to start him tonight.

I've seen about enough of the Jets 1 D high PP, especially with Myers there. It doesn't generate anything, is easy to clear the puck against, and tonight resulted in a couple of odd-man breaks. Until Buff's back (and maybe thereafter), I think they should stick with a conventional 2-point configuration.

Trona had good fancystats until Jets went into defensive shell.

jetkarma*

The Kings play the Oilers tomorrow. Calgary plays the Yotes.

The Kings and Flames play on thursday

Ok , then Thursday , LA wins clean please.

Of course , AZ could do us a favour as could ED , though that is extremely unlikely. Still best for a clean LA win against Calgary likely.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Even better scenario that could (in theory) play out tomorrow:

In the event that Winnipeg beats St. Louis and both Calgary and Los Angeles lose in regulation -- obviously that's a massive, massive longshot -- the Jets would virtually clinch tomorrow.

The only scenario that would cause them to miss at that point would be losing out + a three point game in CGY-LA + LA beating SJ in their final game of the year.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
If CGY loses clean to both ARI and LA and the Jets win tomorrow, we clinch. Although I know that's highly unlikely. (arizona game)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So nice to be able to roll 4 lines. Amazing how much 1 solid forward can help our 4th line and our 3rd line is in full beast mode right now. Matty, Stemper, and Big Adam Lowry are an interesting stew.

This was a massive win and I thought we were full marks for it until score effects took over. Going into Minnesota and coming out with a clean 2 points = :banana:

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
So nice to be able to roll 4 lines. Amazing how much 1 solid forward can help our 4th line and our 3rd line is in full beast mode right now. Matty, Stemper, and Big Adam Lowry are an interesting stew.

This was a massive win and I thought we were full marks for it until score effects took over. Going into Minnesota and coming out with a clean 2 points = :banana:

Running 4 lines also makes a HUGE difference for the energy levels tomorrow.

Go get 'em boys!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hey all, checking in late. Glad to see everyone is, by and large, getting the same good feelings I'm getting.

To illustrate those feelings for those late to my rants, allow me to refresh you with (HFBoards user) Gabriel Landeskog's masterpiece:

HFBOARDS.jpg

... and a personal favourite, entirely relevant to our current position:

1091_10151659552776254_941720110_n.jpg

Let's do this like Brutus!

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
What a great game!
Pavelec was excellent, and deserved the shutout. Chiarot really impressed me too. All in all, a great team game. It's pretty nice having a decent fourth line.

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Chris Thorburn is playing like a legitimate NHL 4th line player. Dare I say he look better than Slater and Tlusty out there

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Myers shouldn't be the only D on the PP. He's not Byfuglien or Enstrom. He has one good toe drag move but he's not a PP QB. That almost cost them tonight.

Chris Thorburn is playing like a legitimate NHL 4th line player. Dare I say he look better than Slater and Tlusty out there

Thorburn has been better than Slater for a long time IMO. Maybe 2 years now. He gets crap on here for when he gets bumped up to the 3rd (or 2nd...) line.

Tlusty has been a huge disappointment to me. Luckily I was wrong about Stafford so the net effect of the deals is zero relative to my expectations. Basically average out what the two of them are doing and that's what I expected from each. I described Stafford as "nothing more than a warm body for the third line" when that deal was made.

White Out 403*

I'm allowing myself to really get excited again.

Tonight has massive potential. If we win, and Calgary and LA both lose... so long as Thursdays LA/Calgary game isn't a 3 point game I believe that would clinch it.

But more realistically... as long as it's status quo between us and Calgary tonight, Saturdays game will remain a win and you're in game for us.

But I'm greedy. I want us to clinch before that.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm allowing myself to really get excited again.

Tonight has massive potential. If we win, and Calgary and LA both lose... so long as Thursdays LA/Calgary game isn't a 3 point game I believe that would clinch it.

But more realistically... as long as it's status quo between us and Calgary tonight, Saturdays game will remain a win and you're in game for us.

But I'm greedy. I want us to clinch before that.

That would be very nice indeed. I'm going to the Saturday game and would love a season celebration event much more then a gut wrench-er.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I'm not questioning it.

Good pickup by Chevy. Has provided borderline NHL defending for 90% of the time on the 3rd pair, and came in when our D was a converted forward and AHL players.

the only Harrison issue is his long-term status. with Carolina picking up 30% or whatever of his contract for this year and next, he's basically next year's Pardy.
without Harrison playing this year, we'd have Exelby on the ice. hah. hahaha. hahahahaa!!!!

wait, Exelby was injured. we'd have been totally screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad