News Article: Wings vs Devils: Watch FREE at NHL.com 7pm

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He only did it twice. I've seen guys do worse in their 1st NHL game. He's been amazing apart from those two situation.
Too bad he didn't even get a hit on that play. Some statistics guys are asleep. According to the boxscore Hicketts has only one heat. I've seen at least three hard ones...

Those are plays that if you do multiple times get you in trouble. I know guys will point out other people do it sure. But Blashill is going to walk in and tell him he is responsible for two odd man rushes leading to penalties. He needs to have better recognition when he has absolutely no support. It eventually gets you in trouble and it will with the next guy too, it won't just be Blashill that finds that unacceptable. Same with the once you pinch the puck cannot be fired wide. He will learn that is a part of it. Just saying he has a couple things there that might not get him a ton of run in the final ten minutes and everyone will go crazy over that and I understand if that is why he doesn't play a ton down the stretch. Great block there though.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
What. A. Pass.

I don't care if it went in or not. That's a hell of a pass.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Those are plays that if you do multiple times get you in trouble. I know guys will point out other people do it sure. But Blashill is going to walk in and tell him he is responsible for two odd man rushes leading to penalties. He needs to have better recognition when he has absolutely no support. It eventually gets you in trouble and it will with the next guy too, it won't just be Blashill that finds that unacceptable. Same with the once you pinch the puck cannot be fired wide. He will learn that is a part of it. Just saying he has a couple things there that might not get him a ton of run in the final ten minutes and everyone will go crazy over that and I understand if that is why he doesn't play a ton down the stretch. Great block there though.

Yes he's made two mistakes but it would be stupid to reduce his ice time just because of it. His passing is very good and he's been solid defensively and even on the PK. Also has three important blocks and initiated the 1st goal.
Of course he has to adjust to the NHL. Plays like that wouldn't be dangerous in the AHL but they are in the NHL. If that's his only problem then he'll be fine. They'll tell him and he'll adjust.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
How's that not called a goal. Wings can't go without controversy over a routine shot and goal. These refs are horrible. At least they got it right.
Larkin baby!

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
How's that not called a goal. Wings can't go without controversy over a routine shot and goal. These refs are horrible.

The refs didn't see it on the Ice so they initially called no goal, but reversed it on a review

There was a 0% chance that they would continue in with the game without awarding a goal if it clearly went in.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Yes he's made two mistakes but it would be stupid to reduce his ice time just because of it. His passing is very good and he's been solid defensively and even on the PK. Also has three important blocks and initiated the 1st goal.
Of course he has to adjust to the NHL. Plays like that wouldn't be dangerous in the AHL but they are in the NHL. If that's his only problem then he'll be fine. They'll tell him and he'll adjust.

Those aren't his only issues.
Lack of speed, lack of reach, lack of strength are also issues.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad