News Article: Wings vs Devils: Watch FREE at NHL.com 7pm

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Devils fans resorted to yelling "Rangers suck" in the 3rd.

There was a moment of silence for Jim Johannson before the game and there was a Baba Booey bomb in 228.

Petr was on fire tonight.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Agree with you on that first part. A little premature on the Hickets call, but I hope you're right. I'll say that he's earned himself another game in my opinion and I hope the coaches agree.
At the vary least he is better than XO and plays with more heart than DK.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
We generally struggle on offense because we are a two line team. Our third line (shutdown) with Nielsen produces zero goals, and our fourth line which is barely even a line and more of an amalgamation of spare parts due to 11f/7d doesn't score either.

Reactions: Winger98

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
oh there certainly have been many players worse than Mantha. Mantha hasn't been bad, but he's my biggest disappointment. His production increase from last season is a whopping .06ppg (.60 --> .66). He produced at a 49 point pace last season, he's on pace for 54 points this season and dropping.
a 54 point pace is really damn good.... Anything more than that you're talking bonafide top line player on any team in the league.

You can be a little disappointed, but you can't honestly have expected a PPG player or anything, right?

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
a 54 point pace is really damn good.... Anything more than that you're talking bonafide top line player on any team in the league.

You can be a little disappointed, but you can't honestly have expected a PPG player or anything, right?

No I didn't expect him to be ppg but I expected him to actually improve, which he has not. And that disappoints me. Larkin, athanasiou, and mantha becoming elite players is our franchises only salvation and hope at avoiding a super long rebuild.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
No I didn't expect him to be ppg but I expected him to actually improve, which he has not. And that disappoints me. Larkin, athanasiou, and mantha becoming elite players is our franchises only salvation and hope at avoiding a super long rebuild.
Expecting any non top5 pick to turn into an elite player is ambitious to say the least. Players go through streaks. Before this hot streak, AA was cold for at least 10 games. We'll see what both players end up at.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
just watched the replay, it was a solid team effort and a really nice game by mrazek. I also though ericson was very good tonight, played the body, threw big hits and skated well. Larkin obviously was awesome, AA and bert as well.

Reactions: Probert

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
I too thought Ericsson had one of his best games last night. Great team effort all around too. Love the compete level from Larkin!

just watched the replay, it was a solid team effort and a really nice game by mrazek. I also though ericson was very good tonight, played the body, threw big hits and skated well. Larkin obviously was awesome, AA and bert as well.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017

i noticed he's moving his legs much more in the last 2 games again. Makes me think that maybe he really had problems with his groin (i first thought it was some made up reason to sit him without blaming him again officially). He had a good first period in this one, give him the allstar break to rest it some more, and he should be fine again.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Expecting any non top5 pick to turn into an elite player is ambitious to say the least. Players go through streaks. Before this hot streak, AA was cold for at least 10 games. We'll see what both players end up at.

AA got sent to fourth line an his production reflected that.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He's only 7 points and 2 goals behind his last season totals. Improvement is all about PPG. I've also been a little disappointed with his play but a 25+25 season wouldn't be bad and I really think Mantha is one of those guys that could keep improving for years still and put up much greater numbers in the future. Not all of our kids are going to tear it up on a bottom 5 team, imo you put Mantha on a high level puck possession team and watch the points come pouring in.

Reactions: turkleton85

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Watched the highlights to see if I missed anything and man, Hicketts got walked a lot by forwards. He's going to need to shore up players going to his outside, because they had a field day with him in this game. I assume he'll be better tonight against the Flyers.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
More than once Ericsson shoved an opponent to the ice with one hand. More of that please.

Reactions: turkleton85

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
At the vary least he is better than XO and plays with more heart than DK.

Over the last 3 years, XO and Ericsson are the only defensemen with positive goal differentials.
In that time
I'm not sure what you want from XO.

He's got the same amount of 5-on-5 points as Kronwall and Brendan Smith in fewer minutes.

He's done this despite the fact that he has lower Ozone faceoffs than Jensen, Smith and Kronwall and more Dzone faceoffs than Jensen, Smith and Kronwall.

It's crazy that coach Trashill has cut his icetime so much this year.
But Trashill makes a lot of dumb decisions.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I'm hearing that Mrazek is starting in goal again tonight? Anyone know if that's the case?

Edit: Daily faceoff has him listed as the starter against Philly.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Over the last 3 years, XO and Ericsson are the only defensemen with positive goal differentials.
In that time
I'm not sure what you want from XO.

He's got the same amount of 5-on-5 points as Kronwall and Brendan Smith in fewer minutes.

He's done this despite the fact that he has lower Ozone faceoffs than Jensen, Smith and Kronwall and more Dzone faceoffs than Jensen, Smith and Kronwall.

It's crazy that coach Trashill has cut his icetime so much this year.
But Trashill makes a lot of dumb decisions.

Funny that we have 3 guys on here, but XO is nothing special dude. Plus he doesn’t really fit the system Blashill wants to run that great.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

Funny that we have 3 guys on here, but XO is nothing special dude. Plus he doesn’t really fit the system Blashill wants to run that great.

I don't think he's special.
I think he's a still fairly young defenseman who'll get better with experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->