GDT: Wings v Sens 7:30p FSD

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Hey HF boards tell me again how AA is not really that good!!!
He has a consistency problem.

If he worked as hard as Larkin he'd be a bonafide 1C. No doubts at all from me.

You can see it in the difference between backchecks and the rush. On the rush, no one catches him. On a backcheck, he's always a step behind. It's infuriating to me because I see sky high potential but usually the results are just pretty good.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Damn right you send Larkin and AA out first Blash.

And there you go.

This is our first OT win yet, right? This is also probably the first time Glendening, Nielsen, or Zetterberg with his cane didn't start in OT. Coincidence? Of course not.

Reactions: Ezekial

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What a finish. Imagine AA with a setup man that can match his speed.

Larkin is in the top 20 in the league in assists.

I do think it would be intriguing to play those guys with Nyquist, I think he could keep up and use their speed with smart passing plays. I would like to see Mantha there eventually.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
serveimage

serveimage

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
fantastic game by AA and larkin. hilarious that AA went to the backhand again on the OT breakaway. 4th times the charm i guess

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think that was the best game of AA's career.

Glad to see him building one on top of the next. That was truly a special effort though out of him. Great to see him running with this opportunity.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
He has a consistency problem.

If he worked as hard as Larkin he'd be a bonafide 1C. No doubts at all from me.

You can see it in the difference between backchecks and the rush. On the rush, no one catches him. On a backcheck, he's always a step behind. It's infuriating to me because I see sky high potential but usually the results are just pretty good.
When he gets the ice time to play he performs, he has been back checking very well this year. The problem was and will still be Trash behind the bench. The problem now for him are the kids are forcing his hand to play them.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Can somebody explain to me the point of Ouellet on the roster to play less than 5 minutes?

I can understand 5 minutes of Witkowski because you inject a fight and energy booster into the game. I can understand 5 minutes of Frk because you just blast the goalie on PPs. Hell I can even understand 5 minutes of Booth because, well, because he's a winger so who cares. And I guess he even scores once in a while.

What could possibly be the point of 5 minutes of Ouellet? If he's not good enough to trust for more than 5 minutes, why bother having him around at all?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
When he gets the ice time to play he performs, he has been back checking very well this year. The problem was and will still be Trash behind the bench. The problem now for him are the kids are forcing his hand to play them.
I love AA. There were definitely times last season I thought he deserved more ice time. I have compared him to Datsyuk in the way he gets by defenders and makes things happen. I've been one of his biggest boosters for 3 years.

I still think he has a consistency problem and that at least 50% of his ice time woes are self-caused. He's getting more ice time right now because he's been playing well.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

We have heard from other scouts and people around hockey that isn't really true with AA. He is very inconsistent. It is nice to see him stacking good games on top of each other. I know Eddie O is friends with Blash but I think he has been a lot better since the national game where Eddie O crushed his compete level over and over.

Whatever the reason is I really don't care. I am happy to see him engage like this in the game and influence it for the full 200 feet. He has been fantastic three games in a row. Big steps for him and I hope he keeps building on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad