Confirmed with Link: Wings sign free agent LW Tomas Nosek

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, this Fischer-connection could have been the key.

Well as already mentioned this kids agent is Jurco's agent. Seems they are very impressed with how Blashill and the organization rounded out his game. They lost a center unwilling to do things the Red Wings way. They signed a guy that is willing to and signed on knowing the work ahead of him and relishing what we bring to the table.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Going to have to wait and see this guy play a bit.

But by all scouting reports he sounds exactly like what Joakim Andersson is, and is the same size.

So me not being a big Andersson guy, I'm going to reserve judgement til I see him a bit.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

But by all scouting reports he sounds exactly like what Joakim Andersson is, and is the same size.

So me not being a big Andersson guy, I'm going to reserve judgement til I see him a bit.

Mostly he sounds like Andersson, but I think Nosek has more of that natural playmaker mentality.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Nosek logged huge minutes in all situations for Pardubice.

So imo, he could be slotted to be nothing less than a 1st center for Griffins.

I have always been huge supporter of Tomas Nosek. I saw him in about 60 games(maybe more) in last five years. However he firstly needs to settle down in North America, adjust his game and still get stronger. He is intelligent and hardworking kid with strong work ethic but he will need time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I have always been huge supporter of Tomas Nosek. I saw him in about 60 games(maybe more) in last five years. However he firstly needs to settle down in North America, adjust his game and still get stronger. He is intelligent and hardworking kid with strong work ethic but he will need time.

What NHL player do you think he compares to?

Does his skating need the most work, would you say?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

I mean worst case he will at least help Grand Rapids out a lot

another Andersson would be huge for the Griffins right now

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think your putting too much weight on the Czech Extraliga. Those teams would be slaughtered by AHL teams.

Maybe, but he's been playing against men there. Someone like Athanasiou hasn't and I would more sceptical with him running the Griffins 1st line from day one.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
any info on him since he play in the developement camp? stats look good last year...read in the prospect camp treat that he score a nice goal

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
any info on him since he play in the developement camp? stats look good last year...read in the prospect camp treat that he score a nice goal

From Malik Report:

82 Tomas Nosek

What I saw during the practices: I saw a learning curve and a half. I saw a player coming over to North America from the Czech Republic for the first time, someone who was playing on an 85-foot-rink for the first time, I saw someone who was having problems with the language and I saw someone whose 6'2," 201-pound frame looked kind of hunched over. Nosek's natural posture looks incredibly awkward.

What I saw during the scrimmages: A different human being wearing a #82 jersey. I saw someone who was fleet-footed, had a fantastic shot and Datsyuk-like deke-and-dangle hands, smart and silky playmaking abilities and a surprising aplomb at using his size to win battles.

What I think about the player's potential: He's so very new to this continent and the game played here that I think he's going to take a while to acclimate, but again, I believe that we're looking at a rich man's Tomas Kopecky, someone who might be able to check, grind and score 15+ goals, if not deke and dangle and impress. There's an elite skill set in that hunched-over dude, and if he can adapt to the pro game, he's going to be fun to watch and a pain in the ass to play against.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-summer-development-camp-2014-day-5

Tomas Nosek #82 - Andreas Athanasiou #72 - Zach Nastasiuk #62

That line was together at scrimmage.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Can his nickname be Dr Dre?

andre1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad