Post-Game Talk: Wings @ Rangers | 21 February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hank's February numbers are starting to look like his October numbers.

For all the **** he copped he only had 1 bad month (December).

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
The positive ... great 2 points.

Star of the game.... Probably the Ottawa Sens or the schedule maker.

The Rangers played a team who played OT yesterday. Detroit seemed to have less and less energy as the game wore on.

In addition, Playing a team who lost 4 of their last 5 wasn't a negative.

Anyway the rangers are playing better this month and a win is a win but I'm not getting carried away after watching their performance tonite.

Want to see the teams record over the next 7 to get a real measuring stick as to whether the team has shaken it's weak play earlier.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
We should bring back the glowing puck. You know, so you can see what's happening instead of wondering.

No kidding, if there were some way to wipe of the stank of the first glow puck, there has to be some really cool things that would work with the puck these days, no? I think it would be cool to have certain enhancements if they actually work. I had read that the company that did the glow puck and all the stuff that surrounded it that got laughed out of the NHL were the same company that did the pitcher strike zone heat map in the MLB and a lot of the overlays for the NFL too. I'm sure they could get something to work well now.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Hank's February numbers are starting to look like his October numbers.

For all the **** he copped he only had 1 bad month (December).

It seems like a lot of people are oblivious to the fact that Hank ALWAYS has that 1 bad month...lol

This time, it didn't happen early in the season for one.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Anyway the rangers are playing better this month and a win is a win but I'm not getting carried away after watching their performance tonite.

Want to see the teams record over the next 7 to get a real measuring stick as to whether the team has shaken it's weak play earlier.

Let's also keep in mind we're playing without our top defender and our top forward (arguably).

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
No kidding, if there were some way to wipe of the stank of the first glow puck, there has to be some really cool things that would work with the puck these days, no? I think it would be cool to have certain enhancements if they actually work. I had read that the company that did the glow puck and all the stuff that surrounded it that got laughed out of the NHL were the same company that did the pitcher strike zone heat map in the MLB and a lot of the overlays for the NFL too. I'm sure they could get something to work well now.

I imagine they could have some sort of thing that measures and displays the exact path and speed of the puck on shot attempts. And then with some other fancy math they could tell you how quickly the goalie had to react on a shot or an ensuing deflection, depending on the distance and angle and all that.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Interesting game to be at. I thought the fans were going to turn the place upside down when that goal was overturned. I hope the officials don't think they had anything resembling a good night.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Didn't watch the game, was busy programming something, but I'm looking at the stats and Staal was at a 9 Corsi the highest in the team. So apparently hell has frozen over.

But seriously hopefully he can put together a string of good games

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
E Staal and one of

Grabner
McGinn
Weise
Letestu
Prust

And lindberg will be gone