Post-Game Talk: Wings @ Rangers | 21 February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That kid scored what 95 percent of those points is the first 2 3 weeks of the season? He's been awful since nov and he's what 24 25 years old? Not a player for a Cup team

And Fast is still horrible a 4th liner at best. Awful on the pk (the numbers show it) and has hands of stone. Any other guy not named Glass on the roster wins that game for us in the third period. A penalty shot and a tap in miss. Having him on the pp??? Ridiculous

:laugh:

That's ridiculous

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
the wings were flat out brutal last night. they played bad boring hockey. granted they were tired from prior night and being on the road and all but awful game for 2 periods. the aren't very good right now. we should have blown them out.

lots of names but not much else. jimmy howard- a syr guy btw, made saves but again, we need too bury chances. kept making him look good with our inability to finish chances. common problem.

we were treated yet again to the woeful thing that is out power play. noticed how aggressive detroit was on the pk. always pressuring us and all we do is pass it around the wall and many times look as though shooting is an after thought. telegraphed shots, passes and weal attempts define the pp. its just stupid to think you cant score when you have one more player than they do. the pp is killing us.

our pk has been better but thats too passive too. no urgency, lots of standing and trying to intercept passes and not much else. would like to see us be more aggressive and take away time and space more than let the opposition set things up and run their plays.

i thought our defense played very well. girardi and even stall have found their games it seems. dan boyle was horrendous again and mcilrath looked like he hadn't played in a month. he needs to get more games and play with a better partner. he's making zone read mistakes and looks tentative.

hank seems to have settled in and thats a good thing.

the no goal call was borderline. if it were against us, we lose that one every time.

gathering points lately which is good. 5th in gpg and 11th in ga is good. the pp and pk numbers are atrocious. unless fixed, this team is going not where with those special teams results.

his that rick nash guy playing ? oh wait, he's not.... can we just settle this once and for all, were playing better WITHOUT that albatross. not only dont we need him to succeed, we need to get rid of him to prosper.

#tradenash

Team is now 6-0-1 without McDonagh, we're playing better without him!

#TradeMcDonagh

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Why the hate on fast?

vanilla-ice-cream.jpg

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I like Swedish players a lot we just happen to have 2 lousy ones

Fast playing 19 mins a night is absurd. He IS a fourth liner folks. Hard working guy no hands good defensively but lousy on pk again numbers show it. You want to tell me he's a top 6 guy? What Cup team has a Jesper Fast who scored all his goals face down on the ice into empty netters only, in their top 6? None. He's a fourth liner.

Lindberg is a perfect tweener we've seen them a million times. Too good for the A not good enough for the show. Jarkko Immonenish.

Great first couple weeks but since then he's been one of if not our worst player.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Fast playing 19 mins a night is absurd. He IS a fourth liner folks. Hard working guy no hands good defensively but lousy on pk again numbers show it. You want to tell me he's a top 6 guy? What Cup team has a Jesper Fast who scored all his goals face down on the ice into empty netters only, in their top 6? None. He's a fourth liner.

Why are you blaming Fast tho? He doesn't call the shots.

71252706.jpg

Blame this guy bud.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Fast is an excellent third liner. Calling him a 4th liner is a disservice to what he brings. His offense has dried up, but I think he has it in him to be a 15-15 player next season.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Team is now 6-0-1 without McDonagh, we're playing better without him!

#TradeMcDonagh

such a simple attempt at humor or sarcasm. you get this one up on a tee for me.

the qualifier for nash isn't that we are playing better without him so trade him, its more like :

1. not worth his contract
2. not getting better or younger. hell be 32 in june.
3. the last rick nash goal was an empty netter on dec 30th 2015. its almost march
4. hes no longer the player he was and there are no signs of anything changing. the trend is negative.
5. we can do more with the cap space
6. hell bring back useful players.
7. his stuff and things arent worth 7.8 mil.

and lastly, he's nothing like ryan mcdonagh.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Fast is an excellent third liner. Calling him a 4th liner is a disservice to what he brings. His offense has dried up, but I think he has it in him to be a 15-15 player next season.

He has like no offensive instincts or hands whatsoever. He's very efficient defensively though.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
Yeah, can't blame Fast for being put in a position that's over his head. He's fine. Just not a second liner.

I can see the argument for him being fourth line material at this point, but he's shown flashes of being better than that.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
That kid scored what 95 percent of those points is the first 2 3 weeks of the season? He's been awful since nov and he's what 24 25 years old? Not a player for a Cup team

And Fast is still horrible a 4th liner at best. Awful on the pk (the numbers show it) and has hands of stone. Any other guy not named Glass on the roster wins that game for us in the third period. A penalty shot and a tap in miss. Having him on the pp??? Ridiculous
So who plays instead? Having 23 points in 56 games when you average 12 minutes a game is good. Who cares if he has bursts of scoring, who doesn't in this league? Who does this team play instead? There is none, because the farm is ditched.

Both Lindberg and Fast are solid third liners and Lindberg would probably be pretty good as a guy going for the net on a skilled top 6 line.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm not blaming him I said he's a 4th liner at best and everyone gets huffy and puffy. That's what he is. Sorry not sorry

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yeah, because Lindberg and Fast are the make and break players for this team to go anywhere. Nevermind the albatross defensemen, the glorified high paid power forward, the other power forward that has completely lost his game, the two-way center that doesn't play like he should or... a bunch of other players who aren't carrying their weight and are paid to do so. Including the coach.

Having Lindberg and Fast on the team are not really an issue at this point.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
21 points in 57 games seems like a lot for a 4th liner. Pretty sure that is closer to 2nd line production than it is to 4th line production.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
both fast and lindy are quality nhl players.

they have roles on this team going forward.

the key, as it always is, is for the coach to put them in the best position for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad