GDT: Wings-Lightning 3/9

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I was just about to come on and say that we just aren’t smart enough to win these games. Who makes that line change when the opposing team has the closer change to your d-zone?
I'm not gonna bother to watch the replay, but didn't both forwards change?

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Brome certainly makes the roster more handsome but I'm not sure putting him in over Svech for 11 minutes tonight increased the team's chances of winning.

That dude just needs to request out of here. Imagine being a 1st round pick, work your way through injuries, produce more than anyone else on the team in your handful of games to prove yourself... only to be scratched immediately on the worst team in the league. I’ve never seen a team so mismanaged.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
That dude just needs to request out of here. Imagine being a 1st round pick, work your way through injuries, produce more than anyone else on the team in your handful of games to prove yourself... only to be scratched immediately on the worst team in the league. I’ve never seen a team so mismanaged.

it is very alarming and if I’m a young player or high draft pick I’m looking at this and saying I’m not so sure this is a good place for a young player

Reactions: Kronwalled55

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Whoever the first guy off the bench was in OT, that stretch pass went practically under his stick.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
That's some Erik Karlsson defense right there.

He’s being asked way, way too much, out of necessity. But the defensive regression is a big issue, and the decision making on the powerplay has always been troublesome and now is accentuated by the fact the puck hasn’t gone in for him.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I'm not gonna bother to watch the replay, but didn't both forwards change?
Yeah...both Tampa forwards went to change leaving our d-man back with one of their players, but Gagner and our other forward pulled up and did the slow change of doom, seemingly forgetting that we couldn’t make that change because Tampa has the shorter change. As soon as Gagner raised his hand to change, I knew we were in trouble, be cause he was the last man back and was really slow getting to the bench.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
His contract is up after this year... They would have to give him an extension (and that would go over well if they did lol)
I actually won't be surprised if they gave him one more year. No established coach wants to be a part of a tank season.

Blash has made some considerable improvements this season, both in terms of defense and transition. The PP is now scoring as well. Just need Houda to fix the damn PK. Still too much puck chasing though, ES and PK.

I'm sure he discusses any roster decision he makes with Stevie, so he won't be fired for that.

I think the big issue is Mantha, he needs a new coach. If Blash stays, they might as well trade Mantha.

Reactions: 14ari13

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Zadina looks really flippin good out there. Mantha looks like utter garbage. He needs to get benched for Svech.

And Hronek in the D zone is gonna drive me nuts. Why he gets top pairing minutes is beyond me. Merrill/Nemeth/Stetcher should be handling top pairing minutes.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
We did a lot of good in this game, going toe to toe with the Bolts.

this however, wasn't:
+12 -3= +9
+7 -7= 0

upload_2021-3-9_22-26-40.png

& this

upload_2021-3-9_22-35-59.png

Greiss .862 SV% Vasi .870%. Greiss wasn't the problem.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Mantha looks like utter garbage. He needs to get benched for Svech.

No he doesn’t. These aren’t related at all. Mantha should not be benched, and Svechnikov should not be benched. The team lacks talent way too much to be benching the better talent you do have, even if it has warts.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah...both Tampa forwards went to change leaving our d-man back with one of their players, but Gagner and our other forward pulled up and did the slow change of doom, seemingly forgetting that we couldn’t make that change because Tampa has the shorter change. As soon as Gagner raised his hand to change, I knew we were in trouble, be cause he was the last man back and was really slow getting to the bench.
OK, so there's the issue. Gagner. I'm sure he wasn't played much OT.

A lot of these guys wouldn't get OT ice time on any other team. Even Fabbri looked bad with his flubbed shot. He didn't have a chance, he should've skated around the net.

These guys don't seem to understand that puck possession matters in OT. Did we have a guy dump the puck in last season, lol.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
He’s being asked way, way too much, out of necessity. But the defensive regression is a big issue, and the decision making on the powerplay has always been troublesome and now is accentuated by the fact the puck hasn’t gone in for him.

Seems like that’s been a theme here, players being put in higher roles than they’re good for and all that but it comes at the expense of being as good as long as we were with no backup plan i guess

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No he doesn’t. These aren’t related at all. Mantha should not be benched, and Svechnikov should not be benched. The team lacks talent way too much to be benching the better talent you do have, even if it has warts.
He's mailing it in. Probably does need to get benched again.

Though at least he prevented a 3 on 1 during the last PP, though I don't think he was skating full speed.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Were you watching the game? Mantha was friggen terrible.

Reactions: golffuul

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I actually won't be surprised if they gave him one more year. No established coach wants to be a part of a tank season.

Blash has made some considerable improvements this season, both in terms of defense and transition. The PP is now scoring as well. Just need Houda to fix the damn PK. Still too much puck chasing though, ES and PK.

I'm sure he discusses any roster decision he makes with Stevie, so he won't be fired for that.

I think the big issue is Mantha, he needs a new coach. If Blash stays, they might as well trade Mantha.

No he absolutely has not

Stevie made good changes on the roster which is why this happens but continues to bench guys like Svech for no reason

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Were you watching the game? Mantha was friggen terrible.
Agree. Mantha got all excited, in the third, when he was ahead of the play a bit and thought he was going to get the puck to try and 1v1 the defender and when he didn’t get the pass right away, he literally pulled up at the blue and didn’t bother going to the net on a 3-on-2. He’s gotten lazier and lazier since his benching.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Wait. Guys.

Did Svechnikov really get scratched? I thought that was a bad joke...
Yup. Brome somehow made an appearance and Svech got sat. Pretty bizarre, but honestly this is typical Blashill. Unless the mandate was to push all our tradable assets into the game for the next little while (since HSJ already said that Svech has no future with the club), this move makes zero sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad