GDT: Wings-Hawks 4/15

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What I'm saying is that if you are giving up goals at one end then you must be taking away just as many at the other end. Helm might be netting out positive, or he might not, I actually do not know. Defense I find a little harder to judge. What I do see when I watch him, is a player that has almost no ability to recognize when and how to move the puck to his teammates for scoring opportunities. I also do not see a player who can create shooting opportunities for himself by changing angles. Any offense he generates is from speed and will. It's admirable but not enough, IMO. I think it can be hard for most casual viewers to understand when a dump in carries a high opportunity cost to a better play that was developing.

Most of what you are listing describes most of our bottom guys. Namestnikov doesn't do anything out there offensively, neither does Glendening, Gagner for being offensive minded doesn't really provide much offence and he isn't some great defender, Svech doesn't really create any offence by himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad