Proposal: Wings - Habs Blockbuster Trade

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
- You forgot to talk about how much value a 2018 1st round pick has.

- This trade is about this: Galchenyuk, 2018 1st, Juulsen, McCarron for Zetterberg, Mantha, AA. But you can focus on McCarron and add on's if you want
Bottom line is that you said that Mantha's value is McCarron+2018 1st round pick and that pick is probably anywhere from 17-23 overall yes it's a great draft next summer. But bottom line is Mantha's value is greater then a 3rd line scrub like McCarron plus a potential late 1st round pick look at what Drouin got for Tampa Mantha's value to Detroit is just as great.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bottom line is that you said that Mantha's value is McCarron+2018 1st round pick and that pick is probably anywhere from 17-23 overall yes it's a great draft next summer. But bottom line is Mantha's value is greater then a 3rd line scrub like McCarron plus a potential late 1st round pick look at what Drouin got for Tampa Mantha's value to Detroit is just as great.

Bottom line is I said the value is close but the edge likely goes to Mantha. A 2018 1st + McCarron is not spare parts you know. Mantha is a good young talent and I realize why you value him high. But comparing him to the 1st and McCarron solely is ridiculous to begin with. Go and see who broke this down first.

I repeat... it's pointless to break down Mantha vs the 2018 1st and McCarron solely. This is about the sum or all parts in the end and how your roster looks today and in the future after the trade.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
@Habaholicgolfer There's no point in proposing anything on here. Galchenyuk's HF value is equivalent to a bag of pucks, lol. I find your offer fair enough, but we do lose the best player in the trade (since Z is soon retiring) & that 1st could come bite us in the ass, should our season turn to shit.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Bottom line is I said the value is close but the edge likely goes to Mantha. A 2018 1st + McCarron is not spare parts you know. Mantha is a good young talent and I realize why you value him high. But comparing him to the 1st and McCarron solely is ridiculous to begin with. Go and see who broke this down first.

I repeat... it's pointless to break down Mantha vs the 2018 1st and McCarron solely. This is about the sum or all parts in the end and how your roster looks today and in the future after the trade.
Galchenyuk+2018 1st round pick is the only decent pieces we're getting, Juulsen isn't a need due to the fact that we've plenty young D talent coming up the pike Cholowski, Hronek, Hicketts, Saarijarvi and other and neither is McCarron i will still take Rasmussen over McCarron any day. Bottom line is that neither team does this Zetterberg isn't available Green will move at the TDL for a 2018 1st round pick and we will eventually get AA signed here.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
@Habaholicgolfer There's no point in proposing anything on here. Galchenyuk's HF value is equivalent to a bag of pucks, lol. I find your offer fair enough, but we do lose the best player in the trade (since Z is soon retiring) & that 1st could come bite us in the ass, should our season turn to ****.

99.9% of the trade offers are perceived as negative and I don't take anything people say about trashing our players value seriously. It's getting old and comical really. There are some few reasonable people who stick to the true values and offer fair opinions though and that's what I appreciate. You just got to dig through the dirt to find them lol

My initial reaction was that I felt some of the Habs fans would feel it was too much and I understand this. However, I do think Zetterberg plays this year and next. It's the last two years where his salary drops to $1M is where he might retire. However, the biggest part the Wings are giving up is Mantha and the biggest part the Habs are giving up is Galchenyuk and the 1st. I really do think the value is close and it address both teams needs today and for the future. I bet it makes both GM's think real hard

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Trade away good players so that you have cap room to re-sign good players that you no longer have.

I like it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Galchenyuk+2018 1st round pick is the only decent pieces we're getting, Juulsen isn't a need due to the fact that we've plenty young D talent coming up the pike Cholowski, Hronek, Hicketts, Saarijarvi and other and neither is McCarron i will still take Rasmussen over McCarron any day. Bottom line is that neither team does this Zetterberg isn't available Green will move at the TDL for a 2018 1st round pick and we will eventually get AA signed here.

Mantha and AA are the only decent pieces we are getting. Who knows when Zetterberg is is retiring and Green is a UFA after this season. Galchenyuk, 1st >>>> Mantha, AA

Here are some more options for you to consider...
- Galchenyuk for Mantha and AA
- Galchenyuk, 1st, Juulsen, McCarron for Mantha, AA, Zetterberg

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Mantha and AA are the only decent pieces we are getting. Who knows when Zetterberg is is retiring and Green is a UFA after this season. Galchenyuk, 1st >>>> Mantha, AA

Still no thanks i bet Mantha has the better overall career then Galchenyuk, If you look at Galchenyuk's numbers so far they're pretty similar to both Tatar and Nyquist the only thing being that Galchenyuk is 23 and much younger therefore should put up more during his overall career. Once again we've no use for Juulsen or McCarron neither do anything for us and it sounds like neither are doing ll the great in the minors from what Hab fans have been telling me.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Still no thanks i bet Mantha has the better overall career then Galchenyuk, If you look at Galchenyuk's numbers so far they're pretty similar to both Tatar and Nyquist the only thing being that Galchenyuk is 23 and much younger therefore should put up more during his overall career. Once again we've no use for Juulsen or McCarron neither do anything for us and it sounds like neither are doing ll the great in the minors from what Hab fans have been telling me.

And some people make fun of the Habs evaluation of Galchenyuk who is a proven 30 goal scorer and a 50-60 pots potential. What has Mantha proven other than 0.67 pts/game in the AHL and 42 pts in 71 NHL games on a non playoff team? Heck we have Hudon and he has better numbers than Mantha in the AHL and 4 pts in 7 NHL games so far.

Age 23 (NHL proven talent and production) >>> Age 23 ( Player who hasn't even played a full NHL season yet). Come on man. Give me a break

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
And some people make fun of the Habs evaluation of Galchenyuk who is a proven 30 goal scorer and a 50-60 pots potential. What has Mantha proven other than 0.67 pts/game in the AHL and 42 pts in 71 NHL games on a non playoff team? Heck we have Hudon and he has better numbers than Mantha in the AHL and 4 pts in 7 NHL games so far.

Age 23 (NHL proven talent and production) >>> Age 23 ( Player who hasn't even played a full NHL season yet). Come on man. Give me a break

Mantha is on pace for 246 points this year.
Galchenyuk is on pace for 0.

Pay attention.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Since it's not letting me quote on mobile for whatever reason. You realize Mantha outproduced Galchenyuk at even strength last year right? He's going to get consistent Power Play time this year and be on the roster full time. He also matched Galchenyuk in goals last year. Yes, Galchenyuk did score 30 goals once, but Mantha has the potential to be a 30 goal scorer as well. The difference between the two isn't massive like you keep implying. I doubt anyone would be surprised if Mantha has more points this year than Galchenyuk

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Dude Galchenyuk has had one 30 goal season and all of a sudden he's a proven 30 goal scorer, Galchenyuks best season 30 Goals 26 Assists for 56 Points Tomas Tatar's best season 29 Goals 27 Assists for 56 points they're pretty similar Mantha is above both Nyquist and Tatar and they're exactly the same kind of player that Galchenyuk is. Galchenyuk was drafted and came right into the Habs organization so he already has like 5 seasons under his belt already unlike Detroit that waits and grooms their players. Like i said i will still take Mantha over Galchenyuk any day of the year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dude Galchenyuk has had one 30 goal season and all of a sudden he's a proven 30 goal scorer, Galchenyuks best season 30 Goals 26 Assists for 56 Points Tomas Tatar's best season 29 Goals 27 Assists for 56 points they're pretty similar Mantha is above both Nyquist and Tatar and they're exactly the same kind of player that Galchenyuk is. Galchenyuk was drafted and came right into the Habs organization so he already has like 5 seasons under his belt already unlike Detroit that waits and grooms their players. Like i said i will still take Mantha over Galchenyuk any day of the year.

Galchenyuk is a proven talent and Mantha is not (not yet). Give it up. If you rather keep Mantha, I respect that. But devaluing Galchenyuk is getting old man.

Reactions: La Fierte du Quebec

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Galchenyuk was on pace for 60 points last season and had 56 points the season before. He's 23 years old and trending upwards. Do not compare him with Tatar who got 56 points as a 24 year old and is a mid-40 point player since.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Galchenyuk was on pace for 60 points last season and had 56 points the season before. He's 23 years old and trending upwards. Do not compare him with Tatar who got 56 points as a 24 year old and is a mid-40 point player since.
Yeah a mid-40 point player on the worst PP team like Detroit if Detroit had a decent PP his numbers would be identical to Galchenyuks pretty sure of that.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

Brilliant. Galchenyuk scored 30 goals once in 5 seasons and he's a proven 30 goal scorer guy. Galchenyuk's value should be the same as RNH except RNH actually had MULTIPLE seasons of 50+ points and evidently hes near worthless to all of HFboards but a guy who hit 50 points once is a proven 30 goal scorer guys.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
You forgot to mentioned Galchenyuk and the 1st which is the biggest part of the trade you are gettign back. Juulsen and McCarron are solid prospects but yeah, they are definitely not the blue chip types. You make it seem like Juulsen and McCarron types are never part of any trade before.

There is value coming from Montreal for sure but it's too big. Chucky and Juulsen/McCarron could probably bring back Z + AA.
My biggest issue would with the rest.
Green could be had for a 1st so if you drop Mantha and one of McCarron or Juulsen, it could work.

Zetterburg + AA + Green

for

Galchenyuk + Juulsen/McCarron + 1st

That would actually fill some major holes in Montreal's roster.
I'm curious as to why Montreal would target Green though, being a RHD.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Yeah a mid-40 point player on the worst PP team like Detroit if Detroit had a decent PP his numbers would be identical to Galchenyuks pretty sure of that.
Worst PP or not, Galchenyuk was tossed around the lineup (when playing with Radulov, he was a near PPG player). This is not the same as playing the season with Zetterberg and sometimes Mantha/Nyquist and getting 40something points. Nice try.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I do think by February if the Wings aren't making progress in terms of production, I say trade most of that roster to load up on picks, cap dump and prospects.

Though I believe Zetterberg want to retire a Redwing.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
There is value coming from Montreal for sure but it's too big. Chucky and Juulsen/McCarron could probably bring back Z + AA.
My biggest issue would with the rest.
Green could be had for a 1st so if you drop Mantha and one of McCarron or Juulsen, it could work.

Zetterburg + AA + Green

for

Galchenyuk + Juulsen/McCarron + 1st

That would actually fill some major holes in Montreal's roster.
I'm curious as to why Montreal would target Green though, being a RHD.
So a retiring player and a player who's on his way out = Galchenyuk + Juulsen? Yeah, sure..

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Those are much better options than the OP and pretty fair IMO

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
So a retiring player and a player who's on his way out = Galchenyuk + Juulsen? Yeah, sure..
Well, you're also getting AA but I understand why you don't like it.
Just keep in mind, the only way you're going to get a #1c without hurting your roster is an old one. You don't have the prospect pool to get a prime aged one.

What about Juulsen + 1st (top-5 protected) for Zetterberg?

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016

I wouldn't give away our 1st, Juulsen and McCarron for Zetterberg alone. Galchenyuk for Mantha and AA is a good offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad