- Green
- Mantha
- AA

Habs Trade:
- Galchenyuk
- 2018 1st
- Juulsen
- McCarron
- Shaw ($1M retained for the next 2 years)
- Davidson

Key points:

- Wings get the much needed cap space they need and multiple young assets to help the rebuild
- Habs get the top 2 center we are looking for. Zetterberg from age 37-40 but who knows if he plays in the last two years where his salary drops to $1M
- Main parts each team gets: Galchenyuk, 2018 1st, Juulsen, McCarron = Zetterberg, Mantha, AA, Green (one year)
- Habs add about $5M in salary while the Wings save $5M (+/-)

Fair trade and how do the Wings fans feel about it?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This is too good.
Zetterberg>>Galchenyuk
Green>>Juulsen
Mantha>McCarron + 1st
AA>Shaw, Davidson

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
This is too good.
Zetterberg>>Galchenyuk
Green>>Juulsen
Mantha>McCarron + 1st
AA>Shaw, Davidson

Zetterberg whos like 1 year away from retiring is >> Galchenyuk (even 2 >'s !!) . The only thing that's "too good" is your post.

This is how i break down the trade:

Mantha + AA = Galchenyuk
Green = 1st
Zetterberg for Juulsen, McCarron, Shaw, Davidson (and why would we do this or even trade for Zetterberg when he's retiring soon? makes no sense, he has no value)

So in what world is this a bad trade for Detroit? As a Habs fan i wouldn't touch this deal. Tell me which of the above trade values i listed is incorrect if you think i'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: La Fierte du Quebec

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
In what world is Zetterberg who has stated he intends to retire soon with a useless back >> a 22 year old 30 goal scorer? Even Juulsen is likely more than Green will fetch at the trade deadline. Even if you put everything else in Detroit's favour it's still more than fair value. Detroit think they're a contender though so no way this would happen. Unfortunately for their fans Mantha/Larkin/AA/etc will all be UFAs by the time they start competing again. They need hard rebuild assets, not almost ready NHLers like Juulsen or Mac.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Looks terrible for the Wings. Mantha >>>>> Mcarron. AA>> Juulsen. Green should be at least equal to a 2018 first. Shaw and Davidson do nothing for the Wings. Galchenyuk is a nice piece to have but isn't anywhere near worth losing the face of the franchise in Zetterberg and downgrading significantly on Mantha/AA. I'm not even sure how much better, if at all, Galchenyuk is going to be over Mantha going forward. But I'm sure your just going to call me an uninformed Habs troll again.

Reactions: njx9

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is too good.
Zetterberg>>Galchenyuk
Green>>Juulsen
Mantha>McCarron + 1st
AA>Shaw, Davidson

- Zetterberg (age 37-40) < Galchenyuk (age 24-26). Galchenyuk is younger, cheaper, and just touching his prim years now.

- Green (Pending UFA) is not > Juulsen. Your lucky to get a 2nd for Green at the deadline and Juulsen is 1 or 2 years away from NHL ready. No way in hell you are gettign a Juulsen type return for Green at the deadline.

- Mantha = McCarron + 1st in a deep draft. This is very close value but I won't argue against the edge going to Mantha.

- AA > Shaw + Davidson.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This is too good.
Zetterberg>>Galchenyuk
Green>>Juulsen
Mantha>McCarron + 1st
AA>Shaw, Davidson
You live in a dreamworld and know nothing about hockey if you truly think the above.

Zetterberg is likely playing his last season for that reason alone the double arrow goes the other way.

Green is maybe one of those arrows ahead of Juulsen if only because of age. Green is a mostly one dimensional dman who again is waaaayy older like by 10-11 years.
Mantha is not better than McCarron and a 1st

AA is not playing and is not better than Shaw alone let alone both those players though I care not for Davidson.

The Habs give up their future for an all in try for the Cup this year with this move.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
-

- Green (Pending UFA) is not > Juulsen. Your lucky to get a 2nd for Green at the deadline and Juulsen is 1 or 2 years away from NHL ready. No way in hell you are gettign a Juulsen type return for Green at the deadline.

They got a 2nd + 3rd for Brendan Smith last year but would be lucky to get a 2nd for Green this year? I can tell you thought that sentence through

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Looks terrible for the Wings. Mantha >>>>> Mcarron. AA>> Juulsen. Green should be at least equal to a 2018 first. Shaw and Davidson do nothing for the Wings. Galchenyuk is a nice piece to have but isn't anywhere near worth losing the face of the franchise in Zetterberg and downgrading significantly on Mantha/AA. I'm not even sure how much better, if at all, Galchenyuk is going to be over Mantha going forward. But I'm sure your just going to call me an uninformed Habs troll again.

- Mantha = 2018 1st, McCarron: You forgot to consider the 1st in the package

- AA = Juulsen, Davidson: Considering the Wings are having a hard time getting AA under contract and they are up against the cap, this is a great return for AA IMO.

Galchenyuk > Zetterberg: You must factor in age and contract AAV. One player is just touching his prime years and the other is going to be age 37-40 in then next 4 years of his contract

Shaw (Salary Retain) vs Green: If you want to make this a deal breaker, your not debating in good faith.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Wings Trade:
- Zetterberg
- Green
- Mantha
- AA

Habs Trade:
- Galchenyuk
- 2018 1st
- Juulsen
- McCarron
- Shaw ($1M retained for the next 2 years)
- Davidson

Key points:

- Wings get the much needed cap space they need and multiple young assets to help the rebuild
- Habs get the top 2 center we are looking for. Zetterberg from age 37-40 but who knows if he plays in the last two years where his salary drops to $1M
- Main parts each team gets: Galchenyuk, 2018 1st, Juulsen, McCarron = Zetterberg, Mantha, AA, Green (one year)
- Habs add about $5M in salary while the Wings save $5M (+/-)

Fair trade and how do the Wings fans feel about it?

I'd like to trade our spare parts for another team's core players, but something tells me Wings fans would disagree.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They got a 2nd + 3rd for Brendan Smith last year but would be lucky to get a 2nd for Green this year? I can tell you thought that sentence through

Well they are not getting a 1st or a talent like Juulsen. You are arguing a pointless angle in the trade package. Green is not the main piece

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Well they are not getting a 1st or a talent like Juulsen. You are arguing a pointless angle in the trade package. Green is not the main piece

I'm arguing all the angles because they're all terrible lol. Green is 100% returning a 1st at the deadline, please tell me what precedent has been set otherwise?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd like to trade our spare parts for another team's core players, but something tells me Wings fans would disagree.

Galchenyuk, 2018 1st, Juulsen, McCarron are not spare parts. This is getting old man. If you think those are spare part, I don't know what to say

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
McCarron is 100% a spare part at this point, the rest are good pieces but besides Galchenyuk literally every Detroit asset is more valuable

Zetterberg has no value, Green is worth a 1st, AA has less value than a 1st (~2 2nd's). The only valuable piece in this deal is Mantha (and he's worth less than Galchenyuk), let's not blow things out of proportion now. We're not getting anything of value from Detroit.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Zetterberg has no value, Green is worth a 1st, AA has less value than a 1st (~2 2nd's). The only valuable piece in this deal is Mantha (and he's worth less than Galchenyuk), let's not blow things out of proportion now. We're not getting anything of value from Detroit.

Zetterberg definitely has value, no question he's not the player he used to be but he's still a top six forward.

If you took out the two most valuable pieces, Galchenyuk and Mantha, it still looks pretty awful for Detroit

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Zetterberg definitely has value, no question he's not the player he used to be but he's still a top six forward.

If you took out the two most valuable pieces, Galchenyuk and Mantha, it still looks pretty awful for Detroit

You realize that Zetterberg is retiring after this season right?

Tell me where i'm wrong in this assessment and i'll agree with you:

Mantha + AA = Galchenyuk
Green = 1st
Zetterberg for Juulsen, McCarron, Shaw, Davidson (and why would we do this or even trade for Zetterberg when he's retiring soon? makes no sense, he has no value)

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
- Mantha = 2018 1st, McCarron: You forgot to consider the 1st in the package

- AA = Juulsen, Davidson: Considering the Wings are having a hard time getting AA under contract and they are up against the cap, this is a great return for AA IMO.

Galchenyuk > Zetterberg: You must factor in age and contract AAV. One player is just touching his prime years and the other is going to be age 37-40 in then next 4 years of his contract

Shaw (Salary Retain) vs Green: If you want to make this a deal breaker, your not debating in good faith.

Mcarron + 1st is still not equal to Mantha. The closest player on the Habs side equal to Mantha is Galchenyuk. Like I said before, I'm not sure how much better, if at all, Galchenyuk is going to be going forward compared to Mantha. While the gap between Mantha and Mcarron is huge. Juulsen really doesn't do much for the Wings and Hronek is a better RHD prospect in the system already than Juulsen. Davidson doesn't add any value as he would do nothing for a team that just gutted it's top players and is going into a rebuild. Green is easily worth more than Shaw. I mean really? Look at what point producing PMD get at the deadline. Green will easily be the best available at the deadline. And even then what does adding Shaw to a team that's been ripped apart do? He just joins the pile of players like Helm and Abdelkader that are signed for too long and don't do much for the team. As for AA, one by one the Ferris clients have caved in and he will likely do so as well eventually. If he was going oversees it would have happened already. Even then, the team shouldn't be urgently looking to ship him out.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
You realize that Zetterberg is retiring after this season right?

Tell me where i'm wrong in this assessment and i'll agree with you:

Mantha + AA = Galchenyuk
Green = 1st

Yes, but a season of a good top six forward still returns a fair amount, I think Juulsen would be that price honestly. I think Mantha + AA has a bit more value than Galchenyuk, and Green has a bit more value than a late 1st. I also don't think Shaw and Davidson have any value at all

EDIT: For the record, don't think this would be a smart move for either side to make as I still don't think it makes Montreal a top contender, but it definitely favours the Habs from both a needs and value perspective

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad