GDT: Wings/Canes Part 2

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Fabbri with a still not great but better 45% on faceoffs tonight. We need to be patient with this experiment. If you can turn a middle 6 winger into a middle 6 center you do whatever work you can to do that.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Zadina was great tonight. How the hell did he only get 13:28 in ice?
Flip & LGD had more TOI than F&Z!

DDK w/only 13:37, though Blash did say he was gonna ease him into playing w/less TOI.

upload_2021-1-16_22-28-46.png

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Only as part of a cheesy montage.
I like where your head is at, good stuff. We can add to that Cheesy playlist this season, it seems apropos. Though I don't think we should limit it to the 80's or any specific genres, b/c chesse, like music comes from all places & times.

Give the people what they want. Brie? No. Gouda baby, Gouda. And we got D'juice.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I think I’m in love with Stecher. He is everything we have been missing. Lots of smart plays.

Also Ryan, Brome, Merrill, and Namestikov are all huge upgrades in my opinion. They all have flaws but they are so much better than last years depth.

I would like Brome on the 3rd line instead of filppula or gagner. Gagner- Namestikov-Filppula is just a completely redundant line.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Fabbri with a still not great but better 45% on faceoffs tonight. We need to be patient with this experiment. If you can turn a middle 6 winger into a middle 6 center you do whatever work you can to do that.
Agreed. I'll add that Mick mentioned Fabs had 10 "contested" FO's in Gm1, with his winger(s) losing 7/9 of them. I'd like true FO # if possible, maybe HockeyReference.com ? they usually have a lot of good data.

Our entire 2nd line seems very motivated, which will rub off on the rest of the team. Yzerman did a great job of changing the dynamic of the locker room with positivity etc.

Ryan - Fabbri - Zadina
Our new 2 kids & a Goat line 3.0 ?

Reactions: decaguard

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Bobby Ryan deserved the C. Look at how his presence changed the team.
LOL. You don't give the C to a new player. Especially when Larkin has been groomed for the role. Ryan isn't Wayne Gretzky. Also, that would be a good way to anger Larkin.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
LOL. You don't give the C to a new player. Especially when Larkin has been groomed for the role. Ryan isn't Wayne Gretzky. Also, that would be a good way to anger Larkin.

You didn’t feel or hear the whoosh of the breeze that created going over your head?

Obviously it’s Larkin’s role, he fills it well. But additionally, I did want to draw attention to how GOOD veteran players can influence a team. The team as a whole played well today. Zadina seemed to find a groove and a comfort zone with Ryan. He can be an important part of this team.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado
happy to see others recognizing Zadina's playmaking ability. He's no Adam Oates but he is an underrated playmaker on these boards and really he doesn't have any weaknesses in the offensive zone, very well rounded player. I remember he was making nice passes into the slot like tonight last year, but his linemates never had their stick on the ice to do anything with it. I like that his current line is forcing him to be more of a set up guy as it should help him become a real duel threat in the offensive zone, add Raymond to the top 6 and they could be dangerous every night.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
happy to see others recognizing Zadina's playmaking ability. He's no Adam Oates but he is an underrated playmaker on these boards and really he doesn't have any weaknesses in the offensive zone, very well rounded player. I remember he was making nice passes into the slot like tonight last year, but his linemates never had their stick on the ice to do anything with it. I like that his current line is forcing him to be more of a set up guy as it should help him become a real duel threat in the offensive zone, add Raymond to the top 6 and they could be dangerous every night.
On that note, I noticed the PP2 unit with decent, albeit slower, movement in Thursdays season opener vs. CAR. Glad Blash came to his senses.

Zadina is more of a playmaker vs. shooter, imo. Fabbri too.

21-22:
Raymond-Larkin-Mantha
Bert-Fabbri-Zadina
Ryan?-Veleno-Brome
Ras-Namestnikov-Berggren?
Smith

also on the Fabbri goal, Gagner ran interference w/stick on #19 (Hamilton) for 1.5-2 seconds enabling Zadina to get puck unmolested.

upload_2021-1-16_23-58-31.png

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It's hilarious to read game threads after the game has been played.

We're so awful we might end up with less points than last year.
We scored! Great play!
We're still going to find a way to lose this game.
We won! Hooray!

It's like watching a verbal ping pong match.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
They are doing the right things.

The defence is concentrating on HD chances. - That's working.

They are defending well...

... the offence will come.

Everybody is gonna hate HOW THE YZERPLAN IS GONNA WORK AND BLASHILL IS WINNIN TOO MUCH GAMES ! :help::yo::vhappy::hyper::teach2::joker::razz:

Last edited:
Reactions: r0bert8841

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
After watching Bobby Ryan's post-game interview with FSD, I think he is a super likeable guy. Even when he was a Duck (and we all hated the Ducks when he was with them), I could never really hate him, because he seems like a really decent and professional player.

The only thing I dislike about him is his choice of numbers.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Sounds like 90's pop. Apparently, she's "new-ish".

As you know, music and fashion are cyclical.

Anyway

After watching the Toronto-Ottawa game from last night, I really see how little of a system Blashill employs. I mean, maybe it's a "system" in the loosest sense of the word, but it's essentially chaos, with and without the puck.

I'm happy for the W, don't get me wrong; however, f***ing seriously?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad