GDT: Wings/Canes Part 2

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Zadina has been really growing on me. Not only because of the way he plays the game but how happy and a good teammate he seems to be, and he seems to be a workhorse who knows how to work on his weaknesses. I felt the same about Bert. This is awesome.

His development since his draft year has been pretty fun to watch. Completely different player

Reactions: Realgud

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Merrill has been solid but I’d like to think we have a better option for the PP than that....

Yes I definitely agree lol.

I think its interesting how much the broadcast crew has talked about Zadina working on stealing pucks and hes done it a bunch of times already. That assist on the Ryan goal was Datsyuk-like

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Fabbri has room for improvement, especially if they keep him at center, but the guy has a goalscorers instincts. Hopefully he can continue to work on the other parts of his game and be a great reclamation project by the Wings (though considering how little they gave up for him in my book he already kinda is).

Reactions: NickH8

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
If Zadina can become anything like Ziggy Palffy then I think we won that draft.

Prolly true, I'm giving Zadina high praise cause he looks to be a better playmaker than I thought, but it was a great draft in '18. 6 of the top 7 picks are regular NHLers already and developing. Two all stars already with Brady Tkachuk and Quinn Hughes. Svechnikov, Dahlin, Kotkaniemi. Only team that missed out was Arizona.

One night, but he was the best offensive player tonight imo.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Bobby Ryan is incredibly well spoken. 1 billion percent has a job on the top studio crew for the NHL’s national broadcast if he wants it when he retires.

I thought his interview was excellent. It was cool to hear him drop Yzerman as his reason for signing on (I think that was previously confirmed though). What he was saying about helping lift the team’s spirits given last season was interesting too.

I’m rooting for him!

Reactions: decaguard

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
Great finish to the game. Loved Zadina hounding the puck and dishing out two assists.

Mantha is my favorite player, but if I'm Blash, I'm benching him the next game (put a taxi guy in) or putting him on the 3rd or 4th line. He needs to be reminded that simple is better, move his feet, be more physical and win races to pucks with better anticipation. Was hoping this would be an issue we could put behind us this season but I guess old habits die hard.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Great finish to the game. Loved Zadina hounding the puck and dishing out two assists.

Mantha is my favorite player, but if I'm Blash, I'm benching him the next game (put a taxi guy in) or putting him on the 3rd or 4th line. He needs to be reminded that simple is better, move his feet, be more physical and win races to pucks with better anticipation. Was hoping this would be an issue we could put behind us this season but I guess old habits die hard.

Definitely the most disappointing player through 2 games. He was the worst player on the ice tonight by a considerable margin

Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

Bob Probert Owns You

Sep 25, 2007
MI
Great to get a win. Larkin and Zadina looked fantastic. I'm done with the Staal experiment. You have to think Djoos gets his minutes when he comes back, right?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Zadina was the first star of that game in my books. He is playing with passion.

Hopefully the head coach has noticed this and can start playing him more than 13 minutes per game

Want to see Zadina play more too, but Bromé dropping to that Glendening and Erne line has made that line...not completely trash. And the third line today was pretty good. It actually gives us the depth to roll 4 lines and not get curb stomped. We might not score, but we get more than nothing coming from all 4 lines...that is an improvement of sorts.

Reactions: Snuggs

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Zadina better get used to being a set up man, cause I'm not seeing anyone else on that line who looks like they can feed him the puck for open looks on goal.

Nice game for the most part and a lucky win. Wings still look too sloppy to be skating in the same league as the Hurricanes. Haven't seen enough from Mantha still, fumbling the puck or passing into teammate's skates or to the wrong team. PP looks awful and the zone entries are a joke. Bring in Cholo, bring back AA, or just figure out a way to set up a f***ing power play or get a coach who can figure it out.

Also, Neenereider is a dick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad