Prospect Info: Wings at the WJC

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I definitely don't follow these guys as close as some of you because there's no way I can pick out who is who while they all wear near identical suits, masks, and hats.
he's the guy in the suit jacket walking half casually holding or not holding a coffee mug.

He was the one with the tie. Walking and carrying a drink
god damn you beat me to it. good eye though.

As for Cossa, if they had any intention of getting him into this tournament, Austria would have been a nice easy opponent as a warmup. My guess is Cossa doesn't dress unless there's injuries or one of the other goalies completely stinks up the place.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
USA lost because 2 got covid , so stupid. All this covid sh is stupid

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Edvissons problem is he does not play a simple game, he tries to do everything, which is awesome.
I think people look at some of his mistakes and think "That play failed miserably, so he must have bad hockey IQ". But I think for him it's a little different, because he can do all of the things he tries. He's a 99th percentile athlete. He tries game breaking stuff constantly because he's confident that he can be a game breaker. It doesn't always work, but as long as he can understand not to do certain things a second or third time, I think it's a good mentality. Can't be unique if you don't try unique things.

But it's also interesting because a lot of people who think they're special don't try as hard. They think they don't need to. Edvinsson has an experimental quality to him, because he's still going to work hard, but it's going to be in a different way. It's like he's personally taking charge of his development, and saying: why can't I do that? I bet I can.

Last edited:

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- update : i rank yzermans opinion on nhl talent over camerons...
- mean while hoss a gangly long limbed young kid thats no doubt not at his fully developed muscle stage yet so might be a bit slower in net than the other two , whom both had solid reps amongst media pre tourney . and camerons job is to win today not develop nhl goalies

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I think he'd have to play to merit alarm bells. This is not really getting a chance.

That comment was quite a bit tongue-in-cheek on my part. I'm pretty disappointed he's not getting a shot, but it doesn't really impact his long-term prospects for me. Meanwhile, there's been some freaking out over this, so I just want those people to know they can continue :laugh:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Seider spent a year in the AHL and likely would've spent most of last year in the AHL as well. I don't see Edvinsson being NHL ready until he's spent two years developing, just like Seider.

Edvinsson's hockey IQ still worries me, as I still see the same inconsistency and questionable decision-making that worried me going into the draft. The kid could be a phenomenal player...or he could be a "all tools no toolbox" kind of guy.

Naked assertions about "hockey IQ" provide little. If you are going to bother mentioning hockey IQ, you should at least try to talk about the player and how they actually play and what you find so offensive about how they play.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think people look at some of his mistakes and think "That play failed miserably, so he must have bad hockey IQ". But I think for him it's a little different, because he can do all of the things he tries. He's a 99th percentile athlete. He tries game breaking stuff constantly because he's confident that he can be a game breaker. It doesn't always work, but as long as he can understand not to do certain things a second or third time, I think it's a good mentality. Can't be unique if you don't try unique things.

But it's also interesting because a lot of people who think they're special don't try as hard. They think they don't need to. Edvinsson has an experimental quality to him, because he's still going to work hard, but it's going to be in a different way. It's like he's personally taking charge of his development, and saying: why can't I do that? I bet I can.
I also believe Edvinsson is much better than his teammates. In the end his sealing is higher than Seider. Question is can he reach it

Reactions: David D

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That comment was quite a bit tongue-in-cheek on my part. I'm pretty disappointed he's not getting a shot, but it doesn't really impact his long-term prospects for me. Meanwhile, there's been some freaking out over this, so I just want those people to know they can continue :laugh:

I would guess that’s directed at me, and I don’t consider my post(s) to be freaking out over it.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
I think it is somewhat concerning that he wasn't good in the most important games of his career (prospects camp and WJC) thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad